Word of Mouth - get Paste & Cut known

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
The time has come. We need to spread the word a little.

The Whirlpool shavers look to be a fertile ground, Drubbing is already active there. I would appreciate a few small words to a few people over there to boost our numbers.

I'd also like a few of the B&B GSL members made aware of the fact we are here, although it is early days. We don't have a polished, busy forum yet but that will come with time.

Maybe have a word to some good online businesses, who can sponsor the forums and in return add links to here on their website. Two fold approach gives them somewhere else to advertise, and lets people come to discuss products that they can buy from them...?

We are already in discussions with a couple of vendors, however we need a larger userbase to become attractive to them for a sponsorship type of deal. I am sure that we can get some discount codes running soon.

At this point in time, we simply need more users and more content which will help drive Google rankings. I encourage you all to post as much as you can, and even to write articles which can be promoted to the front page.

If you are interested in writing articles or even a shaving/grooming related blog, please send me a PM as soon as possible and I will try to get you onboard as soon as I can.

The only thing I can do is to try and get a proper skin installed so the forums are visually nicer to look at. A proper logo will follow shortly thereafter.

Spent a number of hours mucking around with sitemaps and have now got Bing and Yahoo also trawling the site. That's going to be helpful.

Waiting now for the new skin.....

I did mention P&C on WP, but to be honest your best bet is opening the trade forums.
With you selling blades and others selling unwanted brushes,soaps or razors, traffic would improve.
The type of people that get in early on forums like this are the enthusiasts with a lot of sometimes surplus gear.
Myself, you would probably need to pry my micromatic clog pruf, NEW Improved, NEW or slim adjustable out of my cold dead hands. The superspeeds, OLDs, other GEMs etc, are just useless ornamental, space using, decorations. A lot are just 'user grade' though, so not worth an ebay listing.

Last edited:
I did mention P&C on WP, but to be honest your best bet is opening the trade forums.
With you selling blades and others selling unwanted brushes,soaps or razors, traffic would improve.

Rather than answer your question in both places, I will just put it here.

It most definitely is on the cards, however I an taking legal advice just to make sure that the rules imposed are fair and also insulate myself against any legal issues.

I am also rather busy, I have been made redundant in my job and am now packing and getting ready to move to Sydney in a few weeks time. As you can imagine, something like this takes precedence against getting server rules written and checked, then opening the trading forums.

Rest assured that it is coming and will be opened when all requisite issues have been met or resolved, and I have the time to make it happen. There is no ETA, but I am happy for the odd trade to slip through PMs at this time on a strictly person to person basis, Paste & Cut bears no responsibility to any loss incurred by natural persons engaging in a transaction via this website.

Personally mate, I think this group is small enough to stop any bad trades/sales from occurring. No one here wants to fall out, given at this stage there's only a small group of regulars.

I see where you're coming from though, putting up any site opens you to a degree of risk. I think everyone here would understand those risks from dealings elsewhere. But again, minimised by cohort size.

The issue is that I expect membership to grow pretty rapidly once the forums are opened for trading. The ducks need to be in a row before that happens.

In the meantime, I have given a compromise position.

GSL

Well rocko is here, so at least he knows*

May of found P&C himself from WP though.

I think the main guys at GSL are straight shavers though, and there's not much here on that.

Looking at the membership here though, probably get more members just hanging a banner on Perth's freeway bridges and you may get a lot of existing wet shavers interested. Seems most of us are from Perth...
:)

Late late edit:
But is there anywhere here to discuss non shaving related stuff here.
EG maybe formula 1 or Q and A ?
Examples of the top off my head, but the F1 was a cracker, and Rudd on Q & A was great as well.
Maybe talk about red alert if you aren't into motor sport or politics, whatever.

Last edited:
Why can't we mention this site on B&B's GSL forum? Lots of Aussies there would join I'm sure. I've seen guys mention other shaving sites on B&B...

GSL

Late late edit:
But is there anywhere here to discuss non shaving related stuff here.
EG maybe formula 1 or Q and A ?
Examples of the top off my head, but the F1 was a cracker, and Rudd on Q & A was great as well.
Maybe talk about red alert if you aren't into motor sport or politics, whatever.

Send a PM to monsta, I'm sure he'll set up a section for randomness. When he has time.

He promised a logo a while back...

Why can't we mention this site on B&B's GSL forum? Lots of Aussies there would join I'm sure. I've seen guys mention other shaving sites on B&B...
I can't see an issue with this either. Plenty of mentions of breakway sites that get namechecked, that were started by bitter and twisted ex B&Bers who continue their rants on their own site. I've seen it and it's sad to see grown men act like little brats. Most of the stuff is petty and reeks of spending too much time in forum culture.

In other, unrelated news, I've had a few exchanges with Gary Young (Ex Simpsons) and Mark, current owner of Simpsons on PM there, they both contacted me about a few posts I made. Mark is from Mindarie! For the none Perthites, that's 10 minutes up the road from where I lived in Perth. Bit further now, as I'm lording it up with the likes of Pj near the city.

I've let them both know we're here.

Last edited:
In other, unrelated news, I've had a few exchanges with Gary Young (Ex Simpsons) and Mark, current owner of Simpsons on PM there, they both contacted me about a few posts I made. Mark is from Mindarie!
Really?
Like I said, hang a banner from a freeway bridge in Perth if you want members coming here :p

..............Mark is from Mindarie! For the none Perthites, that's 10 minutes up the road from where I lived in Perth. Bit further now, as I'm lording it up with the likes of Pj near the city...........

He used to piss it up with his football (soccer) team in the Saint George pub in Innaloo. In those days it was a real dive.

He used to piss it up with his football (soccer) team in the Saint George pub in Innaloo. In those days it was a real dive.

No wonder he didn't elaborate!

The banner isn't a bad idea. Based on current form, we'd probably get a hold of the CEO of Proraso (South Freo), and the QA guy from Indian Palmolive (Noranda).

That pub on Morris rd, Morris hotel? The Saint or whatever it is called now used to be a real seedy joint with topless dancers and barmaids on thurs or fri happy hours before the renovation IIRC.

That pub on Morris rd, Morris hotel? The Saint or whatever it is called now used to be a real seedy joint with topless dancers and barmaids on thurs or fri happy hours before the renovation IIRC.

Yep, that's the one. Used to be called the Saint George Hotel. Now it's just the Saint with a little halo hovering above it. Like the classic English TV series with Roger Moore.Totally yuppified although some locals still hang out at the TAB next door. It's quite funny to think that the managing director of a classic, traditional firm like Vulfix/Simpson used to get pissed and drool over some pretty average, drugged up skimpies in a dive like that.

Yep, that's the one. Used to be called the Saint George Hotel. Now it's just the Saint with a little halo hovering above it. Like the classic English TV series with Roger Moore.Totally yuppified although some locals still hang out at the TAB next door. It's quite funny to think that the managing director of a classic, traditional firm like Vulfix/Simpson used to get pissed and drool over some pretty average, drugged up skimpies in a dive like that.
I'm wondering how long it's even been called the saint george, I don't think it was even called that the one and only time I went there in 1991, that's why I thought the "morris hotel/tavern"
Funy you can never get rid of the locals from the TAB bar. I used to go to the moon and sixpence in woodvale after it was just built for a pint of ale. Walk into the next door TAB/bar and it's a different world, full of locals drinking middies of domestic lager... But I haven't been near woodvale for 5-6 years either. Moved to joondanna in 1998 and the only pub I've been to was "the mighty quinn", but even then, haven't been there much, maybe twice in the last two years.

Last edited: