A good and bad thing...

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
So as you may know I recently bought a NIB ladies Schick injector, when I got it I couldn't bring myself to open it since it would be more valuable to a collector than to myself.
My wife was just this past Saturday complaining about her hatred of her razor, I said I had just the thing for her! But I did insist she try a DE first as I left the Schick at work, while she liked the DE enough she pointed out having blades on both sides wasn't ideal.. so she now has the lady Schick and loves it!

That is a good thing - a nice shiny new razor you gave your wife!

Mate! I hadn't thought of that! Mine is a vintage Slim! Not all that aggressive, though! She is pretty sharp, though!

Ummm, so if she is a vintage adjustable with a date of manufacture earlier than a Slim would that mean she is a, oh, hang on. Never mind ... :)

You guys are funny! Lets hope no-one starts a thread on 'what razor is my partner' as we'll all be very single soon.

@Ferret619 it is a good thing, no point NOS a great razor when it was created to be used.

You guys are funny! Lets hope no-one starts a thread on 'what razor is my partner' as we'll all be very single soon.

@Ferret619 it is a good thing, no point NOS a great razor when it was created to be used.
That's what I thought too.
Plus it means it is possible to save money by going vintage lol, my wife is proof

LoL this thread took a funny turn.

Mrs Nav is, coincidently, my favourite razor... Rockwell 6S.

She's adjusting and always ultra smooth... Even at her most "aggressive setting" :D

Some wives will use DE's? I'm jealous my wife wont, perhaps if I paint a DE Pink and put an Avon sticker on it, that may sway her :smug:
I think the issue many face is that they don't always have the best visability so DE can be a high risk proposition. Injectors feel more modern and familiar I guess?

Some wives will use DE's? I'm jealous my wife wont, perhaps if I paint a DE Pink and put an Avon sticker on it, that may sway her :smug:

Got my wife onto it about a year ago.

After trying a lady Gillette, a slim, a feather portable with long SS handle... She came to prefer my Merkur Progress. The weight, balance, handle length and head geometry were all to her liking. Which are the same reasons i love the Progress. It's just lucky i have 3, so i could spare one!

So as you may know I recently bought a NIB ladies Schick injector, when I got it I couldn't bring myself to open it since it would be more valuable to a collector than to myself.
My wife was just this past Saturday complaining about her hatred of her razor, I said I had just the thing for her! But I did insist she try a DE first as I left the Schick at work, while she liked the DE enough she pointed out having blades on both sides wasn't ideal.. so she now has the lady Schick and loves it!
I purchased a Burette mini straight razor for my wife for mothers day. It was part tongue in cheek, I new she may not use it and that has so far been the case. Maybe I should get her an injector razor and see how that goes.