Abc

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
Got one! Always loved the look of these and managed to persuade Mark to part with one of his stash. A Scroll with a plane case. Bit of brassing and patina, right up my alley. Made sometime before WW1. Both base and top plates are wafer thin and it makes an excellent "trim around the mo" razor and will replace my Souplex OC which will be part of my travel rotation. Nice heavy handle and easy grip with all the lovely scroll work.

ABC 1.jpgABC 2.jpg

Actually Mark just alerted me to the Gillette dating chart and it was made in 1916. Never knew the chart went that far back but then I don't own a razor that old so I never bothered to check it properly.

Last edited:
Nice pics!

Glad it arrived safely and I trust you will ENJOY!

The only sad thing is that I really can't think of any other razor I'd want so this effectively puts an end to my razor buying. I use four or five SEs on a regular basis, occasionally use a DE or two (out of the six or so I own) and now have a stupidly large travel kit even though I don't travel that much.

I've now got six brushes and I like all of them. Enough soap to last me for a few years. Creams don't really do it for me. Don't like aftershave, even standard Nivea (the new formula) gives me a face like a teenager mainlining McDonalds hamburgers. Have enough DE blades to last me in to the next century and enough SE blades for at least a year or two.

Help me! Enable me! Give me something!