Above The Tie (ATT) Gem Style SE Razor

Or maybe I'm just tight!!
I don't consider you tight, you simply have a different idea on value than other people would. Do i see $200 value in the ATT Gem SE? No. But people out there do and people will buy it. I've spent stupid amounts of money on things that I will never see a return from, did it make me happy at the time? You bet. Did I regret it later? Sometimes, yes I did.

:) Yes it is
It's unfortunate that the market generally dictates pricing on items like this. Could it be sold cheaper? I don't know, I have very little idea of the costs involved but it likely could be. The high-end artisan producers, in all fields, have business decisions that they make and they likely follow the market when they see it working for them. I'm a butcher by trade, I work for a company that sells many very high-end meat products. Ive eaten steak worth hundreds of dollars a kilo. Would I pay that much for it? No way. Do people buy it? Yep. Everyday of the week.

What I also forgot to mention in my last post: it seems like, the ability to machine razors to those tolerance levels is getting lost...

I heard an interview with Stan from ATT. He said that machine shops in the US, that can produce to those tolerance levels are dying out and that the one he uses, would have closed down, if not for his orders...

I have not idea, how accurate this is - especially for the Australian market - but again I would love to see more players

What I also forgot to mention in my last post: it seems like, the ability to machine razors to those tolerance levels is getting lost...

I heard an interview with Stan from ATT. He said that machine shops in the US, that can produce to those tolerance levels are dying out and that the one he uses, would have closed down, if not for his orders...

I have not idea, how accurate this is - especially for the Australian market - but again I would love to see more players

Machine shops can work to any tolerance you like are common enough, just not cost effectively in high quantities, and often at low quantites. My guy has CNC machines but they are hand loaded and unloaded and process requiring the piece to be turned and re mounted is done by hand too. What you are talking about here is a batching shop that has multiples of automated machines (including loading and unloading - not just the process) and all that work is going to Asia.

I think another big issue is finishing without destroying the actual design - especially if you are after a polished finish...