Aftershave Recommendation

TomG

Gentleman Shaver from WA ...
2020 Charity Auction Winner
G'day Gents.

I have been hearing and reading good things about Fine and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements aftershaves.
Any thoughts and recommendations regarding fragrance and performance?

Also, have a (borderline masochistic) interest in Captain's Choice Cat o' Nine Tails aftershave. Anyone tried this and have thoughts?

Cheers.

I have four of the Fine Accoutrements aftershaves. The American Blend which is a take on YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme. A Tom Ford creation and a woody fougere. Beautiful scent. L'Orange which is a take on Terre d'Hermes a very adult orange citrus scent. Platinum which is a take on Creed Aventus and Fresh Vetiver which is based on Tom Fords Grey Vetiver. In each case the scents are wonderful but as an aftershave they are also excellent giving a nice face feel with a cooling menthol hit. Only criticism would be that the scents do not last long, perhaps an hour or two tops. Only have PAA Strewth and Otra and I think they are more cologne than aftershave as the scent lasts for up to four hours. The PAA also work well in the face feel department so its a matter of what scents do you think you will like when you look at the scent profiles. Both Fine and PAA are well regarded products and I enjoy using the Fine in particular and I can also see some more PAA purchases in the future.

Cat o nine tails is not that burning. You need not fear!

Hey - Happy shaving :)

Personally I love PAA aftershaves. Nothing but praise for them from me. I have 7 or 8 and yet to meet one I didn't like.

L'Orange which is a take on Terre d'Hermes a very adult orange citrus scent. Platinum which is a take on Creed Aventus and Fresh Vetiver which is based on Tom Fords Grey Vetiver.
Must try these as they are my three favourite fragrances (apart from Bvlgari Black, which wouldn't make a good aftershave, no one wants to smell of burning rubber after shaving)
How's their face feel compared to Myrsol?

Must try these as they are my three favourite fragrances (apart from Bvlgari Black, which wouldn't make a good aftershave, no one wants to smell of burning rubber after shaving)
How's their face feel compared to Myrsol?
Not used Mrysol yet but it is high on the list.

Talking of which, I'm a massive fan of Myrsol aftershaves. They are the best I've used for skin conditioning.
Speick is also excellent.

Having both PAA and Myrsol, I think the PAA leaves my skin slightly more moisturised but not to the point that it's oily (I have combination skin, flaky dry but oily).
Myrsol feels amazing on the skin upon application, but does leaves my skin a little under moisturised.

Summer - I'd definitely use the Myrsol
Winter - PAA for me

I hope that helps.

The Cat is mainly a warming feeling, pretty nice. All depends if you're a Bay Rum guy.

To me, American Blend has a bit of a similarity to Phoenix CaD/Barbasol. Nice crisp scent.

I agree with the Myrsol love, the plastic one is nice, bit of a turkish delight scent in my opinion.

Great to have these available in Aus thanks to TSW.

Last edited by a moderator: