Another Adelaidian

Oliver

Hi guys, my name’s Oliver.

I’ve been into this since 2010 and have been a member on another forum for a while. Noticed this one was Aussie based and thought it might be a bit more relevant to me.

I just have 3 regular razors, a Feather AS-D2, a boker tree brand straight and a Mongoose B3 (I think - the one just before the V2 with the Alumigoose style head). I also have some of my grandfather’s, including a Slim and a couple of others as well as a CJB blade handle.

My first DE was a Futur and I’ve had lots of the popular ones like the R89 and R41 (2011 and 2013), that little bakelite Merkur, a few gillette NEWs and a Bostonian, Feather AS-D1 etc.

I’m also quite into soaps and have had most of the high end ones. My favourite at the moment is C&S O&C. My daily brush is a Simpsons Duke in best badger, but I also have a Chubby 2 and a Semogue.

Well that’s my gear and after having experimented with all that and more, I’m coming to the conclusion than technique is the biggest determiner of success. That doesn’t stop my curiosity though.

Look forward to getting to know some of you guys, and since we’re in the same country and all, might even get to meet some of you...

Welcome Oliver. Nice to see another local on here. I definitely recommend coming along to one of our meets. Always a lot of fun. Keep an eye on the Adelaide thread for details.

Hi @Oliver good to see you here. Also glad to see you have a straight. Do you have hones to go with the straight? I think we are meeting again in a couple of week so hope we can catch up.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Would be great to join one of your meets.

I do have some hones: a naniwa 8 and 12k. I haven’t had a lot of time on the straight in recent years as I work full-time, am studying a maters and have a 11 month old and my wife works on the weekend. I’ll finish the masters by the end of the year hopefully, so joining one of your meets after that is much more likely. Good to see a strong Adelaide contingent.

Welcome @Oliver !

Adelaide is arguably the wet-shaving heartland of Australia - so you are in the right place, and with some nice kit too (y)

Enjoy poking around here

Wow, lots of us!

I might try and make a meet sometime, but it’ll probably be a last minute decision.