Another Kickstarter project

Agreed - worth investigating. Good spot, Mate.

At first glance it does not appear particularly brilliant but once you actually looking into the razor it's quite clever and differs so sharply to other razors that it certainly has got me interested and deserves a try.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
I'm considering a coated version this time around. :)

Looks great but in the end, it's just another SS DE with nothing "new".

The quality looks great and the tolerances are tight but I don't see it as anything special.

Looks great but in the end, it's just another SS DE with nothing "new".

The quality looks great and the tolerances are tight but I don't see it as anything special.

True, but it's a lot cheaper than any other machined stainless razor you're likely to find.

Reading more about the oristo and I think I'll have to eat my words about lack of ingenuity.

It's nothing as ingenious as the Rockwell but the blade pins on the base plate is a very good design!

Also, the thin edges of the top cap is excellent! Rockwell also made theirs taper more than the average top cap and this definitely makes for a better shave! I used my merkur top cap and I could tell the difference right away.

Seems the oristo is not "just another DE"!!

Looks nice...I wonder how aggressive it is ...the head and guard reminds me of a Tech - would suspect its a fairly mild shaver and no way to adjust.

Im waiting for the Model T.

He puts lather on his nose! He lost all credibility right there and then.
Oh and saying the only way to get a good shave is with a single edge from a DE blade... has he never heard of the original single edge - the Cut Throat?

Reading more about the oristo and I think I'll have to eat my words about lack of ingenuity.

It's nothing as ingenious as the Rockwell but the blade pins on the base plate is a very good design!

Also, the thin edges of the top cap is excellent! Rockwell also made theirs taper more than the average top cap and this definitely makes for a better shave! I used my merkur top cap and I could tell the difference right away.

Seems the oristo is not "just another DE"!!

I did see that but I still don't think it's bold enough. It's a half-step forward really.

I think that...
(1) they need to prove that they can deliver. Rockwell have done this by failing and then rising to eventually succeed. It's hard work bringing a razor to market.
(2) they still don't stand out enough for me. Sure, a few extra sweetening features. But come on, there's more than enough standard DEs around.

Let's see a razor with interchangeable slant-open comb-bar design. Or a head that has an incredible design that stands out. The studs on base plate are part of an 80 year old razor (Red Ring). No big deal. That 80 year old razor had SEVERAL unique design features (studs on base, magnet in handle, minor adjustability...) and that was before modern technology! Why isn't there more innovative designs today?!

Anyway, rant over... [emoji51]

@filobiblic I agree with you on all those points. From my perspective, what made me rethink the oristo is that they are aiming the razor at a "mass market" where as any variations become even more niche than a standard DE.

When I compare the oristo to say a Wolfman or ATT, I would rather the innovations of the oristo :)

Looks nice...I wonder how aggressive it is ...the head and guard reminds of a Tech - would suspect its a fairly mild shaver and no way to adjust.

Im waiting for the Model T.

They have posted a video demonstration of the razor being used by a guy with coarse growth. It's worth watching.

I was scarred for him :D