[Another] New Melbourne Member

Max

Hello,

I have been suffering the pains of regular shaving for years , trying as hard as possible to not shave everyday as I would constantly get razor burns. Since I have discovered wet shaving, I am looking forward to my morning ritual.
I own a Merkur 34C and I am currently trying blades to figure out which ones work best for me. The stock Merkur seem fantastic while the Derbys seem to require two-three passes to get the same job done.

Looking forward to learning more on all aspect of shaving from all of you!

Hello,

I have been suffering the pains of regular shaving for years , trying as hard as possible to not shave everyday as I would constantly get razor burns. Since I have discovered wet shaving, I am looking forward to my morning ritual.
I own a Merkur 34C and I am currently trying blades to figure out which ones work best for me. The stock Merkur seem fantastic while the Derbys seem to require two-three passes to get the same job done.

Looking forward to learning more on all aspect of shaving from all of you!

Welcome to the forum mate!

I never had much luck with Merkur blades, I use Feathers myself.

Welcome mate!

So you are the person they make Merkur blades for then? Most people are less than impressed, especially for the price.

What sort of soaps/creams/aftershaves are you using or have you stayed away from too much variety at this point?

How far into the journey too?

I know - lots of questions :)

Take you time and enjoy!

Welcome @Max - I am sure you will have a great time here!

You have some fantastic and friendly members in Melbourne, I am sure they will be very helpful (y)

What brush do you currently use?

Hey there @Max - lucky you scoring the easiest username to remember! M-A-X! [emoji12]

Thank you guys!

@filobiblic I usually go with Maximus:p
@todras I will try feather next !
@Mark1966 I haven't bit the bullet yet I am still running on the stock I had when I purchased the razor. Merkur blades are expensive but seem on par with Feather's prices. At the moment I am using Proraso Green soap and I have a box Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream waiting to be tested. After shave balms are Proraso Sensitive Skin and Nivea Sensitive skin. Badger is " Vulfix Old Original Medium 660". Voila!(y) I am looking for a second safety Razor to alternate. Looking at old Gilettes (Fatboys) and Edwin Jagger DE89.

Some good stuff there @Max and nice options for purchases

Welcome. Great razor. I used the same razor with a Merkur blade and Cella soap yesterday. Buy a sampler pack of blades online to test a few out. Astra and Feather blades are great too. Many to choose from.