Any Melbournites willing to help me out?

hunnymonster

Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical
As a reverse to https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/any-uk-residents-in-the-house.2653/ :) I'm looking for a Melbournite able to acquire a couple of items and post them to me, obviously I'll cover all the costs...

Specifically No.1 Son is planning on doing some physics experiment at school involving cycle helmets... Remembered that Melbourne Bike Share sells them for A$5 a pop - and they meet your standard (which is higher than the Euro & US ones - already have helmets en route from the US & some $5 China specials (for the laugh)).

Posting via Auspost Economy International is more than sufficient (already going to cost 5x the helmet cost).

Anyone able to help - either post here or send me a PM. Obviously if there's anything it's legal to send you want from this end of the ball, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement.

Cheers gents.

A suggestion.
Worth asking for them to be sent to Con at TSW and combine them in a single more cost effective package?
APR might be a good option, since I doubt anyone else in the UK would have any :)
I know Con is an amicable fella that would go out of his way to accommodate reasonable requests, so feel that he would help here if he can :)

I'm on sabbatical though :barefoot: - and if I read the blurb correctly, you can only buy the $5 skidlids in selected Melbourne stores...

Welcome back, haven't seen you around for a while. I would help but am about as far from Melbourne as you can be and still be in mainland Australia

I'd be happy to as well - but live in Canberra :(

Melbournians?

Hey mate, when do you need it for? I have a crazy few weeks but will be able to help out after that.

No tearing rush - May is soon enough... Given that some poor sod (let's call him "dad" for short) is going to be doing ~100 flying laps of an indoor velodrome in the name of science for this experiment, May is scarily soon lol

Plan is 25 "flying" laps at set power, same bike, same rider, same velodrome, same conditions with each of 3 helmets (and none) with temperature measurement of the head... Not sure what he (and team) are hoping to achieve other than killing the test subject (me)

Lid 2 (of each type) is going to be "tested" - can't wait to see what happens with the $5 Chinese one...

Welcome back, haven't seen you around for a while. I would help but am about as far from Melbourne as you can be and still be in mainland Australia
Life has intervened... I'm now halfway to being an orphan & fecklessly dole bludging at the moment...

Life has intervened... I'm now halfway to being an orphan & fecklessly dole bludging at the moment...
Commiserations on both.
I can empathise with life intervening. You have just one small child, and you can completely forget what life used to be like!

Thanks to all of you that responded... We're halfway there now - a mystery member (he hasn't revealed himself, so I'm not about to shine the spotlight on him) has acquired the merch.
I think you should. He sounds remarkably like a right gentleman, and you know it's part of the p&c bye laws to hang draw and quarter any of those that we encounter.