Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

JugV2

Simply boring.
I have an R41 Muhle that is currently with @Pjotr for a run.

It's a fairly aggressive razor and not for the careless shaver.

If anyone is interested in trying this out for a week then I am happy to have it passed around, you just need to pay postage to the next person.

I am happy to give it a crack - and happy to pay the postage from the deep west.
Ok @gthomas04 it's with Pjotr for a while then I will send it to you. No need to pay for the initial postage, you only need to pay to send it to the next destination.

I'm tempted. Might pass around the Pureman OC proto around also. I love it though and most definitely want it back!

Tried a Gillette NEW and that wasn't too bad. Have got a Souplex OC and of course the ABC both of which get used for around the mo. The ABC every shave actually. However the R41 looks evil in comparison.

Hi, have (r41)one, like it. Just use a blade like the Derby or Astra and go easy with it at the start and you'll be ok.
(Watch how you place the razor when you start. Find it less likely to cut you if you're moving it WTG when you place it on your skin).

Last edited:
I also shave with SE razors so I'm used to the angle/pressure adjustment needed but somehow with DE blades it always seems scarier.

An SE blade can certainly hurt you but a DE blade can do it without you even realising. I'm about to have my first with the R41.

An SE blade can certainly hurt you but a DE blade can do it without you even realising. I'm about to have my first with the R41.
Just let the head weight do the work, and have no fear.

Before this razor goes over east, if anyone in WA wants a crack please let me know in thread.

Looking at you SYD. I don't think Drubstep is keen.

He is an delicate flower.

Just let the head weight do the work, and have no fear.

Before this razor goes over east, if anyone in WA wants a crack please let me know in thread.

Looking at you SYD. I don't think Drubstep is keen.

He is an delicate flower.

Maybe...if Pj ensures he removes all the chunks of flesh from it!