April 2012 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
You are all rather slow on this front..... :cheesy:

Nothing incoming for me, although I shall be ordering some more TOBS this month as my Jermyn St is starting to get a little low.

You are all rather slow on this front..... :cheesy:

Nothing incoming for me, although I shall be ordering some more TOBS this month as my Jermyn St is starting to get a little low.

Well I would actually buy something this month, if every bastard wasn't out of stock of stuff.

Well all I have is my swag from Thpain. Some cream some toja stick and some as splash.

Drubs I have some sandalwood EJ lotion if you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's almost true Jug.....the cream...yes...the sticks and splash....still awaiting pick up.

Me, I've got a wee little horsey brush and a stick of La Toja.

Testing my boundaries.

See kids? Drubbing ain't one to mess around with - night or day, he is vigilant.

Back on topic (stole that line from PJ)

I have now collected all goods - again, thanks PJ for organising the group buy.

3 x Sticks of La Toja
Floid AS
La Toja AS
La Toja shaving cream - a bloody big tube too

The only thing I want to buy for now is some more RazoRock XXX Soap.

So that's probably going to be my next order.

Last edited:
Testing my boundaries.

See kids? Drubbing ain't one to mess around with - night or day, he is vigilant.

Back on topic (stole that line from PJ)

I have now collected all goods - again, thanks PJ for organising the group buy.

3 x Sticks of La Toja
Floid AS
La Toja AS
La Toja shaving cream - a bloody big tube too

The only thing I want to buy for now is some more RazoRock XXX Soap.

So that's probably going to be my next order.

I've got a half tub of Razorock XXX shaving cream soap that drubbing gave me a while back. It's good stuff, but I just don't like the scent too much. I just checked their website and it's Italian and it's got a very prominent picture on their home page of a bunch of grateful, wet shaving US soldiers with an Iwo Jima style stars and stripes flag fluttering in the background. Although I was letting this tub take up space just in case I could PIF it to someone in the future, I've now decided to ditch it.

If that's what you're after consider it yours. Don't hang around. A picture of US troops is preferable to the sight of some desperate wet shaving tragic rifling through my bin.

Yes, that tube of La Toja cream took up half my post box.

I think I PIF'd someone half a tub last year. Might be the same one.

Anyhoo. Don't chuck it mate I will certainly take it off your hands.

Love the La Toja AS Splash. Very subtle but a very nice scent.

I think I PIF'd someone half a tub last year. Might be the same one.

Anyhoo. Don't chuck it mate I will certainly take it off your hands.

Love the La Toja AS Splash. Very subtle but a very nice scent.

Just give me a date and time and I'll leave it out the front. Bottom compartment!

Probably tomorrow arvo. I will confirm via PM. fyi my wife told me to check both compartments but of course I didn't listen.

Caved in and ordered the Proraso Red Tube, Sandalwood.

Got a Omega Baby Pro as well, because...yeah.

I can wait to try the New old stuff, and if it's no good (but... how could it not be with the Marco1966 seal of approval?) I have a dealer with shelves full of the gear.

The only one I'm really concerned about is the aftershave. It's brilliant, cheap stuff and would hate for it to go crappy.

Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Lucky Tiger Face Scrub
Proraso Soap Menthol and Eucalyptus (old recipe)

All ordered from MensBiz.

Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Lucky Tiger Face Scrub
Proraso Soap Menthol and Eucalyptus (old recipe)

All ordered from MensBiz.

I really like the LT moisturiser, hopefully their other products are good too.

No surprises with the Proraso soap, it's no different to the cream, just firm.

I've been using the face scrub for some time now and the wash is apparently very good too.

I've not used the moisturiser but if it is as good as their other products then next time round might give it a go.

My shopping expedition in Singapore didn't quite go as planned as flight times got changed.
Instead of having a leisurely morning to wander around Mustafas I only had an hour or so at 11pm to have a quick look around.

I have read that there is more than one section selling shaving gear, but only found one small area.

Still managed to get a few godrej menthol creams for SGP$1.70 each, which are wonderful value at that price. It gives a pretty good lather, and huge menthol hit (much bigger than proraso imho) which I like for the tropical climate. I only picked up a couple this time round, but will be buying a few more on my next trip for sure. I also picked up a tube of Supermax Ultimate for SGP$1.50, but not tried that yet.

I also managed to get a 150ml and a (free) 100ml bottle of Tabac AS for the grand sum of SGP$17 which I've found isn't a bad drop. Unfortunately I didn't see any Tabac cream or soap. Oh and on the smelly front i picked up a bottle of Jovan musk for SGP$7 as I read someone recommend it here as a cheapie.

I picked up two cheap Omegas like this however I seem to have lost one already, but for SGP$8 I guess you can't complain.

And finally a microscopic blade purchase of 30 blades. 5 packs of shogun blades, untried as yet, but willing to share a pack around if anyone is brave enough to try them? There was also a 5 pack of something else, but I left them in Malaysia as they weren't great, and I can't remember the name.

So fairly productive, but I didn't really come away with the items I thought I would.

And even though I type this in May, it does still creep into the April acquistions thread as that is when I bought them all.

Last edited:
Nice score.

Is supermax ultimate anything to do with shaving? I mean, we're not that kind of forum here mate..

haha, at least I mentioned it was a tube. Otherwise I could imagine you thinking it was a sanitary product of some kind by the name.

Its another menthol shaving cream with tea tree oil, aloe vera, and vit E.

There was a ton of other good stuff to look through though, and at fantastic prices compared to Aus. Lord razors for about $4, gillette plastic DEs, and many other cheap DEs for about $2-10.

I will definitely had back there next time I am in town, and see what other goodies I can find. And if you like Indian food, if the place I went to is anything to go by then it is a superb place to get a feed too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.