ARKO baby ARKO !!!!!!

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
I tried an ARKO re-purposing yesterday. No I didn't drill a hole in it @Sxot and add a wick :)

For this experiment you need to pretend ARKO is actually soap.

Cut up the ARKO stick and melt it. This took about 30 minutes.

Take 10 gms of Stearic Acid
10 grams of Shea Butter
7 gms of Glycerine and 1/4 teaspoon of Lanolin
an appropriate amount of water and Potassium Hydroxide to soaponify these new ingredients.

Blend together the melted ARKO and the new additions and allow to cook for at least 30 minutes more.
As the mixture starts to cool I added a good dose of Lemon myrtle. ARKO has a type of citrus aroma so the LM EO played with the ARKO fine without creating a disastrous mismatch of aromas.

Lather test-shave test:
Excellent glide for the straight, great cushion and a very pleasant aroma. I don't mind ARKO anyway without the LM EO addition but with it the soap is not bad at all.
For me in its un-doctored form ARKO is a bit drying but this modification was very good.

I enjoy making my own soaps as it is teaching me the subtleties of soap formulation. I'm beginning to be able to identify how to modify my recipes to suit my own needs.

I may never modify ARKO again but it has been an interesting experiment with a more than usable result. And I have 2 sticks left - just in case :)

Interesting post Baldy! I like the idea. [emoji106]

I'd perhaps tweak the scent and balance out the citrus with a complimentary EO because I'm not into air freshener for a scent, nor into strong citrus only scents.

Stillsy needs to try this ;)

Nice! Whilst I am tempted to have a go, I really don't have the time and lucky for me I am perfectly happy with Arko as is. Although the scent could use some work.

I'm really hankering for someone to produce a strongly scented Lemon Myrtle shave soap though. I was excited by washpool farms but reviews say the LM is subtle.