August 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is the wolf man design different than what came before?

I'm no expert but I believe that the precision and workmanship on these is exceptional. Others may chime in though.

Oh, and hype. Make something hard to get and everybody wants one

gcDUqo9.jpg

It's a slow day at work so why not eh :D

LASC BBS-1

I thought you already had one. Lovely pick up though. Enjoy it while you wait for the Ti BBS1.

I thought you already had one. Lovely pick up though. Enjoy it while you wait for the Ti BBS1.

I have 2 WR1 Wolfmans, this is a different one.

There was only 15 Ti BBS-1 razors made, while there was 400 BBS-1 (this is number 263). My chances of getting a Ti are very slim indeed.

August?

August was originally Sextilis, the sixth month in the Roman calendar and consisted of 31 days. It became the eighth month with a length of 29 days around 700 BC when January and February were added to the year. Julius Caesar added two days to the month around 45 BC. It was later renamed to honor Augustus Caesar in 8 BC.

Now that we have that out of the way - show up your shaving acquisitions!
Now that’s the way to welcome a new month!
Bravo, Agent 66!

A Simpsons Chubby 2 synth together with a Mühle R41 head (few days back).

Used my discount as well a fair chunk of reward points I had, so it was a good chance and timing to revisit the Chubby synth.

ZEdR7bZ.jpg

re9tbg5.jpg

Had ordered one custom CH2 synth directly from Mark at Simpsons many months back, in lovely faux jade handle, but at the time I was not really into synths. Ended up selling the (used once) brush soon thereafter.

My journey with shaving brushes has taken a very unexpected turn over the course of the last 8 months. At some stage back in 2014 I had in excess of 80 badger hair brushes, a third of them being custom Simpsons in the stunning two-band Super hair. Now I have just five badger brushes and am fully into synths.

So the Chubby 2 had to be tried again, as it is indeed a very good brush (albeit small sized for my personal and thus subjective taste). Worth also to note that this brush has a virtually non-existent glue bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.