August 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because eBay doesn't follow dumb European laws about aftershave exporting. Sooooooo happy. Love this amazing green scent. I of course have just ordered the original from Poland too.
Good work - it deserves to be called a classic.

Ir9BfUom.jpg

A shaving shelf unit. :)
(First person who says I need to fill all the gaps gets to pay for the divorce lawyers. :p )

Because eBay doesn't follow dumb European laws about aftershave exporting. Sooooooo happy. Love this amazing green scent. I of course have just ordered the original from Poland too.
Grab the Swiss version too if you can, great scent as well.

As for me, thanks to a generous Re-PIF from @Director , I've a Czech and Speake - Oxford and Cambridge puck.
Genuinely curious about its performance, in particular now that I know how enticing #88 scent profile is!

Very pretty indeed! If you didn't want to shave with it, it would at least give you some reading matter! I assume it uses Gem blades?
I think it would take the wedge blades one must care for

And a nice shiny, twinkly one at that. Is that a "lather catcher" of some type??
Indeed it is a lather catcher. Kampfe bros, Star. A 1902 I believe. It can supposedly hold a modern Gem blade without any alteration, which is great, though it came with original wedge.

I stand corrected! The thing sure is a work of art, though! I might just have another go with my Gem in the morning! I haven't had and cuts or nicks for quite a while so the reserves are up.
I can't imagine it will become a daily driver but I have seen that you can use an unmodified Gem blade, though I have yet too try one in it
You should get that Gem out. I will be trying this out tomorrow, maybe we will both see some blood

Indeed it is a lather catcher. Kampfe bros, Star. A 1902 I believe. It can supposedly hold a modern Gem blade without any alteration, which is great, though it came with original wedge.
I can't imagine it will become a daily driver but I have seen that you can use an unmodified Gem blade, though I have yet too try one in it
You should get that Gem out. I will be trying this out tomorrow, maybe we will both see some blood
let us know how that goes, very keen to know if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.