August 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ia7gq9V.jpg

These came yesteday, felt like forever but 3 weeks from Bulgaria isn't too bad.
The tracking provided was horrendous though...

This morning, I found this on the post box, after having shaved :(

7aLhIyF.jpg

That means I'll shave twice today :D

... and today was the first time there was ANY entry in the AusPost tracking - how useless is that!

... and today was the first time there was ANY entry in the AusPost tracking - how useless is that!

Yes!, yesterday afternoon it said that it wasn't scanned yet!, and Today quite early was there, probably before 8 am. I have tracked a couple of parcels from The stray whisker and beard and blade and theytracking system looked ok. Actually, as it took more days, maybe the more days, the easier to update the system? One of the parcels, wasn't at the post, I check the tracking and was not delivered. It arrived 1 hour afterwards at home, and then, It appear as delivered. Maybe the bigger the town, the looser the control on it?. Local suburb Post office is 200-300 meters from my place, that could explain that once here they update faster?
Anyway. It arrived perfectly, and APR CdV has a fragance that... I cannot define properly, but is really nice. Maybe like a flowering garden in late spring after a small rain? I think it will take me a hile to pick up everything from it
So far, 3 APR fragances I have smell/used, 3 fragances I really enjoy!
Thank you again, Mark!!
Fer

OK, I think you all know that I am a fan of the wonderful Aussie artisans we have. @SchoolForAnts does a great job with his Squadron Soaps and now aftershaves - very classy and great design and branding - with sensational performance.

Having now received my Spring Release purchase from @todras's Australian Private Reserve collection via @shavetheman's site I have to say that I'm just blown away by where he has taken these products. I'm sure that the performance will be sensational as usual, but the packaging, which I liked previously, has just stepped up a notch and is so professional and classy. They really do look a $million mate, you will not appreciate what I mean full till you have them in your hand - so grab some and understand what I'm talking about.

Guerrilla OC arrived today. I have been very much looking forward to receiving this and as usual James at Wolfman has not disappointed. The OC version of the Guerrilla is not only every bit as beautiful as the SB but perhaps even slightly more so due to the way the comb is designed. Photos below of the OC by itself and then along with the SB version for comparison.

9T47N1S.jpg

Oq6cg6N.jpg

7Vh4jzA.jpg

LOwCQhm.jpg

jAH43JN.jpg

Do I have to get the first OC for the den - looks wonderful @nsavage (y)

Just scraped into August ...

A vintage NOS Colgate shaving soap and bowl and a user grade Eclipse Red-Ring

Not sure if the soap will get wet or remain a 'collectible' but the RR will head off for a replate sometime.

Just scraped into August ...

A vintage NOS Colgate shaving soap and bowl and a user grade Eclipse Red-Ring

Not sure if the soap will get wet or remain a 'collectible' but the RR will head off for a replate sometime.
Great to see someone here got the Colgate soap.

I thought you might have been watching! Have you used it?
Can't say I have but I was mighty tempted to bid. Haven't seen to many reviews for it but the ones I have say it's great vintage tallowy goodness. It looks very similar to the NOS Potter and Moore I once had and that was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.