AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Just saying like, the aircraft‘s nomenclature was originally intended as RS (Reconnaissance Strike). However, when the then President announced it’s existence, he inadvertently reversed it‘s roles and, as no-one wished to correct POTUS, the nomenclature remained SR.
Why does that not surprise me?

An update for those interested in my recent RAM-related troubles - the vendor has given me a full refund including GST and postage, and since originally filing claims on the 19th I haven't heard anything from Auspost/Startrack or UPS. Good result, but not great from either postal service. Had amazing delivery times with Toll on another set of items, but all of my parcels due to come Monday-Wednesday this week haven't moved since Monday. There is something to be said for a nationalised, government-run postal service that could've received a big boost in Commonwealth emergency funding to help deal with this. I imagine that many people are struggling a lot more than me with the limits on travelling more than 5km from one's residence at the moment, and overcoming that limit via e-commerce doesn't actually get it done because the deliveries aren't coming.

Meanwhile, Harvey Norman orders arrive in two days. Seems like a bit of preferential treatment. I hope they treat medicine the same way that they treat coffee machines, or some people will have real trouble. Having to stay within 5km of one's residence makes it impossible to get some essential business supplies, but paying for them weeks in advance and then waiting isn't any easier. I appreciate that everyone is in the same boat in VIC, but I'm pretty over the "keep calm, carry on" messaging when the key impediment to carrying on is our postal service. It is at a point where I am better off on Jobseeker than trying to operate my business, because I'm no chance at delivery for my (equally-stuffed) clients at the moment.

TLDR: bah, humbug. I want my Simmo's and Super Iridiums. :mad:

I have just received an email from Australia post with my pesonal details on it.

Basically describing there is now a long wait for items from overseas unless your from Melbourne or express postage. Covid excuse priority is being given to Melbourne customers. The letter also described delays and redirection of parcels around Australia, and that your mail may come from unusual postage routes.

I have 6 items stuck in Sydney Australia with some items not moving for 12 days.
Auspost tracking of the items shows the items as unregistered, yet I7 and two other tracking programs I use all show the items are in Sydney Australia.
Startrak international also shows the items in Sydney Australia.

This is going to be interesting as I will be filing item not received as of Monday Morning on two of the items as per paypal guidelines. The foreign postage part on 5/6 items seems to have progressed ok, until it arrived in Australia.

Ausfarce at its finest.(n)

I have just received an email from Australia post with my pesonal details on it.

Basically describing there is now a long wait for items from overseas unless your from Melbourne or express postage. Covid excuse priority is being given to Melbourne customers. The letter also described delays and redirection of parcels around Australia, and that your mail may come from unusual postage routes.

I have 6 items stuck in Sydney Australia with some items not moving for 12 days.
Auspost tracking of the items shows the items as unregistered, yet I7 and two other tracking programs I use all show the items are in Sydney Australia.
Startrak international also shows the items in Sydney Australia.

This is going to be interesting as I will be filing item not received as of Monday Morning on two of the items as per paypal guidelines. The foreign postage part on 5/6 items seems to have progressed ok, until it arrived in Australia.

Ausfarce at its finest.(n)
I sympathise with you as I currently have some Astra Blues stuck in Stathfield via Launceston & Melbourne + 2 other packages stuck in Melbourne with no signs of them arriving anytime soon...?

Also have have another item on order which will also be arriving via Melbourne that has yet to be sent... Finally received notification that my Wizamet blades have finally been posted to Australia and seeing that they're going to Melbourne I won't expect them for a couple weeks. (n)

The icing on the cake is an order for books from Europe which was scheduled to ship via DHL but the seller has notified me that they're still awaiting those books as they're ordered from another location that has been delayed due to Covid restrictions... That's ontop of a previous order that was postponed due to Covid from Europe as well... :( Oddly enough an order from the UK shipped to me the in 2 weeks time which was a major surprised as pre-Covid the postage took nearly 4 weeks...?

@Razor Burn

Oddly enough, I have been guilty of giving Asendia a hard time. The items that I mentioned previously, two of them arrived in Sydney within 2 weeks from North America, which under these times is pretty good. While one carrier picks up their game, the other one let's me down. I can understand the current issues and excuses for late mail, what I cannot understand why I am paying up to 3x the normal rate for substandard service. If I gave that kind of service to a client of mine , I would be hung out to dry and would be never able to work in my current field again.

There seems to be no accountability from these mail carrier companies. Private or Government they are all run as a business with a priority on profits before service. Well if that's the case as a tax payer to the ATO, I am considered a shareholder of Australia Post. As a shareholder I am not getting a satisfied return on my investment. I am not after a financial dividend, not that I would get one, I am after a reliable, cost effective and accountable postage service. Sadly unless you pay express postage, you have a high expectation of getting a sub standard service, and poor value for money. What is even more disturbing, is this appears to be a global trend. :(

Ditto, my final package from the US (until the next time), my Captain's Choice scuttle got stuck in Chicago for exactly a month, and has been in the same limbo in Sydney for two weeks, with the AusFarce app showing it as still in Chicago. I'm more inclined to believe USPS over our local bozos, given that they actually take the trouble to document progress from point to point.

Given that they're not actually moving any parcels around, one would have thought AusFarce would have plenty of resources available to document exactly what IS happening to them.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Over the last three weeks, Australia Post has experienced a significant increase in demand as Victorians have increased their online buying due to stage 4 lockdowns. At the same time, our business has been required to make additional adjustments in our processing and deliveries workforce to comply with the State Government's COVID Safe restrictions.

We want to reassure you that our people continue to work tirelessly under difficult and unprecedented circumstances with a firm commitment to serve you and your community.

As a result of the constraints on our network and the continuing rise in parcel volumes, our speed and ability to deliver has been impacted. And while we're doing everything we can to deliver your online purchases as safely and quickly as possible, we hope you understand that these additional restrictions have resulted in increased delays.

Father's Day deliveries
With Father's Day just around the corner, please make sure you leave enough time for shipping. Post your items before these cut-off dates:
  • For letters and Parcel Post: 28 August 2020
  • For Express Post: 31 August 2020
Optimising our delivery network
You may notice your parcel is being processed and delivered from different locations. As our business adapts to the current challenges, we're optimising our network to deliver parcels as quickly as possible. This means that your parcel may be sorted and processed at a location that's different from what you're normally used to.

Keep track of your parcels
Our tracking tool, accessible on our website and app, gives you the most accurate guidance on estimated delivery dates, as well as any delays while your parcel is in transit.

More information
For regular updates on how the pandemic is impacting on our network and service, please visit our dedicated webpage.

Thank you for your ongoing support and patience during these challenging times.

Stay safe,
Your team at Australia Post

Your tracking tool does not work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dispatched 2 small packets, 3 days apart, to the UK; a UK Passport for renewal (so children and/or grandchildren can apply for UK passport if desired) via Express Mail and tracking plus an USB key via “normal“ Mail and tracking. The Passport, via Express Mail to Liverpool, ARRIVED in UK the SAME DAY the other packet was DELIVERED to the recipient in Kirkcaldy, Scotland. I believe Aust Post and UK Royal Mail are operating under the same COVID-19 manning restrictions. There is also the issue of fewer international flights out of Australia.

Update,

Managed to finally find the location of 1/6 items. Had to call DHL in Germany. Looks items are going through customs unscanned and sent off to the auspost distribution centres where they are sitting for ages. Also Aus Post are applying new parcel tracking numbers and Manually forwarding to the orignal carrier company once it hits the distribution centre. Its not supposed to work that way!!! :mad: There is supposed to be two numbers assigned from the start which the original carrier applies to the parcel. This is an automated process that contains the international and the local tracking numbers. As soon as the item hits Australia, the second number automatically activates with the arrival scan. This is not happening.
Absolute chaos at the moment. :mad:
I have 5 items lost in limbo in Australia with no way to track, and the only info I can find is that they arrived in Sydney, some have been that way for 2 weeks from Monday.

Better start getting your Christmas deliveries organised now, you might be lucky to receive them blindly by next Easter.

Update,

Managed to finally find the location of 1/6 items. Had to call DHL in Germany. Looks items are going through customs unscanned and sent off to the auspost distribution centres where they are sitting for ages. Also Aus Post are applying new parcel tracking numbers and Manually forwarding to the orignal carrier company once it hits the distribution centre. Its not supposed to work that way!!! :mad: There is supposed to be two numbers assigned from the start which the original carrier applies to the parcel. This is an automated process that contains the international and the local tracking numbers. As soon as the item hits Australia, the second number automatically activates with the arrival scan. This is not happening.
Absolute chaos at the moment. :mad:
I have 5 items lost in limbo in Australia with no way to track, and the only info I can find is that they arrived in Sydney, some have been that way for 2 weeks from Monday.

Better start getting your Christmas deliveries organised now, you might be lucky to receive them blindly by next Easter.
This particular issue has been going on and off all the time during the pandemic and not during the pandemic.

Why don't they use private courier companies instead of opening up a litigational nightmare if a worker is injured ?

OMG :rolleyes:

Hubris?

Latest horror story. A customer placed an order on 24 August. It was processed and handed over to Auspost the same day. The parcel had to travel 19km from the Post Office, further to the south-east in Melbourne, to reach the customer. When it hadn't arrived within a week, I raised an enquiry yesteday with Auspost. Haven't heard back yet, but I checked the tracking number a few minutes ago. Auspost have sent the parcel to Sydney. :banghead:

It is now 'expected' to arrive at the destination three weeks after Auspost received it. The system in Melbourne is close to complete breakdown (which is further supported by Auspost asking their office staff to volunteer to make deliveries in their own vehicles). I know Auspost is handling record volumes, but I can't believe it is more efficient to send a parcel to Sydney (return) instead of making a local delivery.

Latest horror story. A customer placed an order on 24 August. It was processed and handed over to Auspost the same day. The parcel had to travel 19km from the Post Office, further to the south-east in Melbourne, to reach the customer. When it hadn't arrived within a week, I raised an enquiry yesteday with Auspost. Haven't heard back yet, but I checked the tracking number a few minutes ago. Auspost have sent the parcel to Sydney. :banghead:

It is now 'expected' to arrive at the destination three weeks after Auspost received it. The system in Melbourne is close to complete breakdown (which is further supported by Auspost asking their office staff to volunteer to make deliveries in their own vehicles). I know Auspost is handling record volumes, but I can't believe it is more efficient to send a parcel to Sydney (return) instead of making a local delivery.

This must be maddening for e-tailers - you get the grief from the customer yet have no control!

Maybe there is room for a modern Melbourne version of the 'Pony Express'. Couriers on bikes each riding 5 kms ...

Checked out the comments on the various news outlets and it makes for difficult reading with items lost, customer calls going unanswered or worse customer service hanging up on those lucky enough to speak to a person!

I'm still waiting on multiple items that were initially delayed in Melbourne, only to now be stuck "processing" in Sydney... :banghead: Nothing to see hear... :mad:

On a positive note: "Australia Post's board of directors has vetoed millions of dollars in personal bonus payments set to be paid to its executive team following pressure from the Morrison government."

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...ve-bonuses-amid-backlash-20200902-p55ron.html

Last edited:
Checked out the comments on the various news outlets and it makes for difficult reading with items lost, customer calls going unanswered or worse customer service hanging up on those lucky enough to speak to a person!

I'm still waiting on multiple items that were initially delayed in Melbourne, only to now be stuck "processing" in Sydney... :banghead: Nothing to see hear... :mad:

On a positive note: "Australia Post's board of directors has vetoed millions of dollars in personal bonus payments set to be paid to its executive team following pressure from the Morrison government."

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...ve-bonuses-amid-backlash-20200902-p55ron.html

That article pi%*es me right off.:mad:

Running Australia Post as a corporate company, with a board of directors only caring about profits and bonuses is a disaster for us the shareholders. The GOVERNMENT OWNED Post is foremost supposed to service the people needs first before profits.

Where are my dividends and my lost mail ?