AusPost - lost package!

Lynchy

So it seems a parcel has gone wayward!

I bought two creams off a guy on YKW, posted within Aus, and they haven't yet arrived (9 days so far).

Technically should have arrived in 2 business days.

So I was hoping others could share their lost post stories (if any) to ease my pain :(

where do i start.

ive lost a mechanical keyboard, trackpad, usb tv tuner, several letters, many product samples from suppliers, and countless other things.

all have been domestic, and all have been unregistered. either i have arse luck with auspost, or they are utter useless, or maybe, someone is messing with me and stealing my stuff.

either i have arse luck with auspost, or they are utter useless, or maybe, someone is messing with me and stealing my stuff.

I always thought it would be piss easy for the delivery contractors to rip off stuff. Squiggle on the tablet thing and it's yours.

I've never had anything go missing personally, but my mum had a few big packages of textbooks go missing. I always pony up for tracking these days, the peace of mind is worth the extra coin.

Hope your stuff shows up, Lynchy.

AusPost are utter, utter oh actually I can't use the word I had in mind even here.

Now you all know where I live, so you will understand that when they say overnight delivery I think ok, 2 days, maybe three. No, every time I have used that option it has been much longer, and frequently no quicker than normal post.
They are way too expensive for the results they get and every time I use them i feel as dirty as I do when I have to use a Telstra product.

I am currently awaiting 3 items that have so far taken over a week to arrive.

However something I sent on Monday afternoon did somehow get to Pjotr today - I am thinking that this is the aberration though.

Last edited:
where do i start.

ive lost a mechanical keyboard, trackpad, usb tv tuner, several letters, many product samples from suppliers, and countless other things.

all have been domestic, and all have been unregistered. either i have arse luck with auspost, or they are utter useless, or maybe, someone is messing with me and stealing my stuff.

Wow!

That sounds like a bad run hilux!

where do i start.

That makes absolutely no sense. There must be something very wrong there. I've never had anything go missing and if delivery takes longer than expected in my case ithe problem has been invariably at the source. One of my sons worked as a postie for a while and from what he told me I didn't get the impression was that Auspost is in any way sloppy or cutting corners. They aren't the fastest but then they are servicing the population equivalent of a couple of cities over an area the size of Europe.

That makes absolutely no sense. There must be something very wrong there. I've never had anything go missing and if delivery takes longer than expected in my case ithe problem has been invariably at the source. One of my sons worked as a postie for a while and from what he told me I didn't get the impression was that Auspost is in any way sloppy or cutting corners. They aren't the fastest but then they are servicing the population equivalent of a couple of cities over an area the size of Europe.

those are just my experiences with auspost. the items in question besides the keyboard ($170) and trackpad($120), werent of any significant value (ie. <$100), and therefore no one including myself thought to insure it. now if i was buying these items of ebay, or from an unregulated online source, maybe we could say that the items were never posted, but it came from an online shop, so it would be highly unlikely that they shop is going to pull one on their customers.

for every item ive lost to date, i have received countless others. so to put things into perspective, its not like im having lost packages every other week. i get on average about 1-3 parcels on a daily basis. some weeks more.

Wow that's a lot. Must be business related?

yeah, commercial address. if that is of any value. its been less now for the last 6 months. more like 3 items/week by post, as ive had an influx of air travelling family coming over to visit, so they end up being my human courier. :D

My experience with AusPost todate has been positive. Items usually takes about same amount of time to reach me as they do from the UK.
I am amazed everytime a package arrives. Here in the US we've just been made aware that every piece of mail that's sent through our postal service is photographed , presumably for the NSA. Not sure that its improved service, but somewhere out there in the 'Cloud' there's a file with every Shave Related Item that I ever bought. Hope They enjoy keeping track of me!:)-)

I purchased a 1st edition book from the UK, all I got in the post was a torn empty envelope. I when into the post office and reported it, and left chalking it up to experience. Was I surprised when 2 months later it turned up in and Auspost package, no note or anything.

I purchased a 1st edition book from the UK, all I got in the post was a torn empty envelope. I when into the post office and reported it, and left chalking it up to experience. Was I surprised when 2 months later it turned up in and Auspost package, no note or anything.

Wow, that's kinda random!