Australian Brush Handles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankozuk

I am really curious to know if anyone is making Brush handles anywhere in Australia.

I have looked all over the web with no success - surely someone is making Handles or full Brushes here.

Any information would be great. Thanks.

I am really curious to know if anyone is making Brush handles anywhere in Australia.

I have looked all over the web with no success - surely someone is making Handles or full Brushes here.

Any information would be great. Thanks.

I'm with you on this. Should be a no brainer. We have beautiful native timbers and even water-resistant Huon pine for gorgeous handles!

I know that Washpool Farm get someone to turn handles and put a synthetic knot in them. To my eye they appear a cheap synthetic knot and cost $75....

I also know there's to be another... No. Can't say too much.... Sorry! [emoji6]

At one stage someone on Facebook was thinking of making hand carved brush handles but that didn't go far I don't think...

There certainly ought to be someone who works out there's a nice (boutique) market for quality Aussie timber or simply Aussie MADE handles & brushes!!!

That scallywag?
He's too deep into dirty dirty international artisan stuff and bonza boutique balms to have time for that...

That's really really sad darn!
t23145.gif

That's really really sad darn!
t23145.gif
Calm your tits Speedy, who knows what the future has installed.
He might find time once he's completed other projects, if there's enough interest.
There is hope, just don't expect instant gratification.

There certainly ought to be someone who works out there's a nice (boutique) market for quality Aussie timber or simply Aussie MADE handles & brushes!!!

You quoted the wrong section mate...

I also know there's to be another... No. Can't say too much.... Sorry! [emoji6]

borked, I have sent you a message.
Cheers
Tony
Indeed you did, yet I was asking upon the behalf of everyone, as no doubt, I'm not the only one curious.
Now I know, yet will allow you to share with everyone :)

Hi All,

To let everyone know where we are at as per @borked post above.

1. We are not set up at present to supply both Knot and Handle combos, however we will look into that option as we move forward.
2. We are more set up at the moment to do one of custom handle casting requests as in size, colour's and final shapes.
3. We are able to size handle sockets to your required sizes or to suit your specific knot.
4. We can install knots into our handles, however at this stage knot would need to be supplied to us by you.
5. Our handles will be priced individually based on chosen materials and blank size required, colour's and dye's chosen, and handle shape choice.
6. Pricing for most handles will usually be in and around the $70-$90 mark depending on requirements listed at #5 or any other specific requirements.
7. We can also offer custom laser engraving and colourfill in addition to the making of shaving brush handles at additional cost.
7. Postage will be over and above quoted handle price's.

If I have missed anything or anyone would like more information then please feel free to let me know.
Many Thanks
Cheers
Tony

Anyone smelling a sweet, laser engraved Limited Edition P&C Brush scenario unfolding here...
I would be up for it ... Merry Christmas to me...from me :p

Anyone smelling a sweet, laser engraved Limited Edition P&C Brush scenario unfolding here...
I would be up for it ... Merry Christmas to me...from me :p

Ummm... great idea, although the P&C brush project maybe more advanced than you realise.

Status
Not open for further replies.