Review Australian Private Reserve - Review Thread

'you can almost reach out and touch the Pina Coladas and surfboard wax' - nice work @TomG !

I found describing @todras's scents in terms of 'smells' limiting and almost insulting. Almost like writing down the notes in a symphony or individual words in a great work of fiction.

Each aftershave tells a story or sings a song - breaking them down detracts from that IMHO.

'you can almost reach out and touch the Pina Coladas and surfboard wax' - nice work @TomG !

I found describing @todras's scents in terms of 'smells' limiting and almost insulting. Almost like writing down the notes in a symphony or individual words in a great work of fiction.

Each aftershave tells a story or sings a song - breaking them down detracts from that IMHO.

Well put @Mark1966 - I couldn't agree more with your sentiments. @todras has worked tirelessly on this project for most of the year, and has done a superb job in documenting progress.
This attention to detail has yielded a simply amazing set of initial products. Amazing because of the breadth of fragrances, the balance of each blend, and most of all, just how damn good they are at first crack. I thought they would be pretty good, but I've been blown away by the quality and the subtle craftsmanship evident in each blend.

Last edited:
@todras your scents sound awesome...

who-knew-you-could-bottle-the-scent-of-awesomeness.jpg

I today received a bottle of The General's Ledger, Easterly Breeze & Alfredus Choice. Also included were two samples, of which I am wearing Suitably Attired Australian now, and enjoying it.

Lovely packaging - the bottles and labels are terrific. A proud addition to my cabinet. I look forward to exploring the scents in due course. A quick wiff of each hinted at some complexity, which promises much.