Autumnal and Winter sets

silverlifter

I've noticed this week that the seasons are changing down here: a very bright, frosty 2° this morning as I shaved, and it got me thinking about what my rotation might look like in the coming weeks.

I'll definitely be pulling Varen out of the drawer (the soap and balm), as I love that big fougère hit on colder mornings. And when it gets wet and cold, Chanel Égöiste and Sycomore will get a run.

What about you? When the temps drop, what do you pull out of storage?

Well, it doesn't really get that cold in Brisbane so I wear shorts 365 days a year. However, June-July-August I like to keep my lather warm, so I pull out my scuttle.
Warm.jpg

We don't seem to have heard much from @Mark1966 lately, but he started a Changeover Day thread a while back. A pretty impressive rotation there. :) And @Holiday has a truly awe-inspiring rotation. Can't say we've heard much from him lately, either. What's happening? :unsure:

My selection is more basic, but I will add Noble Otter Two Kings and the AoS/Valobra Sandalwood back into the mix. Everything else can stay the same.

Well, it doesn't really get that cold in Brisbane so I wear shorts 365 days a year. However, June-July-August I like to keep my lather warm, so I pull out my scuttle.
Warm.jpg
I haven't lived in Tassie, but I'm yet to find a place in Aus where you can't wear shorts 365 days a year... I only wear trousers under sufferance when I'm forced to by work or wife.

I haven't lived in Tassie, but I'm yet to find a place in Aus where you can't wear shorts 365 days a year... I only wear trousers under sufferance when I'm forced to by work or wife.
In Tassie, it's quite common to see guys with stubby shorts, puffer-jackets and flip-flops. Go figure. :rolleyes:

A while ago, I encountered a young Spanish lady at Binalong Bay in winter, doing her very best to fit in on a balmy 10⁰ day. Puffer-jacket, manifestly with absolutely nothing at all underneath it. Check. Barely existent G-string. Check. Flip-flops. Check. Very gratifying to see young people taking such trouble to fit in. :p

Last edited:
Warm.jpg
Don't do I what I did with my bowl.

I like filling the sink with boiling water while I have my shower. By the time I'm ready to shave, it's cooled down sufficiently but still hotter than straight from the tap.

One cold evening, I thought I'd pre heat my copper bowl by sitting it in the boiling water.

Imagine my surprise when I lifted it out of the sink and pretty much tattooed the makers label into the palm of my hand due to it being bloody hot!