Best place to get Permasharps to try out?

StueyB

I've noticed that Permasharps seem to be a popular blade on P&C and before I drop $40 on 100 Polsilvers from bestshave I thought I'd give them a try.

Unfortunately Mensbiz doesn't stock them and Shaverhut's shipping means it would $10 to get 5 delivered,
I noticed that @stillshunter had an earlier thread on a permasharp bulk buy but it appears to have come to naught.

Does any one know of any other places to get hold of permasharps (or other equivalant blades) at a reasonable price?

I think someone else was selling 50 blades for around $10-12 delivered. Might be be same bloke. Also on eBay

@SmallYetDeadly Don't have 5 to post, used up the last of them to spread condiments upon my toast a while ago (about the only time they could be described as smooth and buttery).

None of you tight arses will just post the bloke a 5 pack? :p

PM me your address stuey

Give me a break I was asleep. Notice Im never around after 11pm....though I notice you slouches are never on before 7am either!
Nice work @SmallYetDeadly and be sure to let us know how you go @StueyB

None of you tight arses will just post the bloke a 5 pack? [emoji14]

PM me your address stuey
Never crossed my mind as I've never used them and have none in my stash.

Good man SyD.

Ah! I didn't see the "try out" part. Good work SYD.

PM sent

Many thanks.

I also found a guy on reddit selling Polsilvers at US$1 for 5 and $2 shipping that will ship to Australia - http://www.reddit.com/r/Shave_Bazaar/comments/2y0zhc/wts_polsilver_super_iridium_blades/

Hopefully I'll be heading to Japan later in the year and I'll be able to stack up some feather and kai blades to share around.
Other than kamisori (剃刀) I'm not sure what else is made over there that is worth getting.

Thanks
PM sent

Many thanks.

I also found a guy on reddit selling Polsilvers at US$1 for 5 and $2 shipping that will ship to Australia - http://www.reddit.com/r/Shave_Bazaar/comments/2y0zhc/wts_polsilver_super_iridium_blades/

Hopefully I'll be heading to Japan later in the year and I'll be able to stack up some feather and kai blades to share around.
Other than kamisori (剃刀) I'm not sure what else is made over there that is worth getting.
I've polsilvers for trade and possibly sale...

Japan has quite a lot of shaving gear if you dig deep enough. Japanese natural stones are some of the best in the world. They have Japanese aftershaves (and probably soaps). You'll have to do some research but there would be odds and ends here & there. (Probably a lot more for str8 users though...)

Japan has quite a lot of shaving gear if you dig deep enough. Japanese natural stones are some of the best in the world. They have Japanese aftershaves (and probably soaps). You'll have to do some research but there would be odds and ends here & there. (Probably a lot more for str8 users though...)

Have to get the wife on the hunt for aftershaves and soaps - my Japanese isn't up to it. My father-in-law used to have a lovely set of stones for his sushi knives. I think my brother-in-law had them now.

Have to get the wife on the hunt for aftershaves and soaps - my Japanese isn't up to it. My father-in-law used to have a lovely set of stones for his sushi knives. I think my brother-in-law had them now.
I can't remember the name of the Japanese aftershave I heard about. It was quite well known.

There are Japanese natural and synthetic stones for str8 sharpening. (Here's some synthetics.)