Blade edge exposure

Tryphon

Da Menth Heads
Many years ago (around 25 years ago!) I launched one of the very first websites/forums dedicated to wet shaving. It was called Razor and Brush (now long gone) and, according to Michael Ham, it contributed to the rebirth of traditional wet shaving here in the US. I also had a webstore (also long gone) called Barberia Italiana, that introduced many shaving products from all over the globe. It was very successful, but my "real" job in aerospace forced me to sell the business. In Razor and Brush, we published many articles and product reviews. Some are left if you find the website on the wayback search engine. One of the articles looked at the width of many popular blades. The measurements can be seen in the attached image. They may be of interest to the P&C readers. All measurements are in millimeters.

edge-exposure.jpg

A very useful reference @Tryphon, thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience with us.
It appears you were quite the pioneer of the wet shaving community

A nice tribute @Tryphon and appreciative responses. Sounds like you had a hard time breaking into the US market with European wares and fair share of critics

Thanks! Most of the resistance came from a board that was closely associated with a competitor.... Still, it was a lot of fun!