Bought another razor finally.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
I have sold all my expensive gear, and been living with a Fatip Piccolo, Pearl Flexi, a nice English Tech, and my main 'go-to'...a Mamba 53.
Nice mild razors but really wanted something just a tad more gnarly.
So today I splashed out and bought a Fatip Grande OC slant (Lo Storto).
Didn't spoil the kids inheritance too much. Will be typical Fatip construction, but my Piccolo isn't all that bad, so fingers crossed.
Most reviews seem to like them...but @Errol hasn't done a review yet?
I'm hoping for just a bit more 'closeness' in the shave.
Not removing skin closeness, just something that will mean I don't need to do a second or third pass.
Good, bad, yeah nah?
I'll let you know next week after I've had a few shaves.

8OgPJM0.jpg

I have sold all my expensive gear, and been living with a Fatip Piccolo, Pearl Flexi, a nice English Tech, and my main 'go-to'...a Mamba 53.
Nice mild razors but really wanted something just a tad more gnarly.
So today I splashed out and bought a Fatip Grande OC slant (Lo Storto).
Didn't spoil the kids inheritance too much. Will be typical Fatip construction, but my Piccolo isn't all that bad, so fingers crossed.
Most reviews seem to like them...but @Errol hasn't done a review yet?
I'm hoping for just a bit more 'closeness' in the shave.
Not removing skin closeness, just something that will mean I don't need to do a second or third pass.
Good, bad, yeah nah?
I'll let you know next week after I've had a few shaves.

8OgPJM0.jpg
Hint, hint! I don’t own a Piccolo razor. If I see one when I make a purchase, I will include it to save on postage.

Hint, hint! I don’t own a Piccolo razor. If I see one when I make a purchase, I will include it to save on postage.
The Piccolo has a somewhat 'dainty' handle. It's like holding a pencil with a razor head attached.
The Grande has a fatter handle.
The Grande Lo Storto gives me the fatter handle, and the slant OC head.
But yeah, I do quite like my wee Piccolo. It's a few years old now, and still gives a good shave...but has a minor Fatip quirk that requires a technique to centre the blade. Nothing major, takes a few seconds to do.
The Lo Storto head apparently has that sorted now.

I would strongly recommend you to get the Blackbird Lite in SS, it’s a fantastic everyday middle of the road razor and you won’t regret it.

The Blackbird Lite performs fantastic against the Merkur 34C, in superior and comfort without strapping your bloody skin off as a daily driver.

Thanks guys for the idea of the BB Lite..but I'm not spending big (as much as I am sure I'd love the BB Lite).
The Fatip was $NZ69 as compared to $NZ332 + shipping.
Mind you, if a BB Lite should show up on the BST I may jump in.

what happened to you man.. you used to be cool :cool:
Bugga...I was thinking that a slant OC would be cool.
I'm spending most of my spare dollars on my indoor shooting at the moment.
New scope...$2000+...tick.
Another (better) front rest, 2nd hand...$1000...tick.
Another 2000 rounds of .22 target ammo...tick.
It goes on, and on. But my scores are OK.
So my razor buying funds are a tad short...but $69 wasn't too dear to try another razor out.
I might like it!
Yeah, OK...I will get a BB Lite one day (I can hear the BB calling my name).

I'm spending most of my spare dollars on my indoor shooting at the moment.
WHAT! Shooting bloody paper targets and flying clay targets is a waste of money and ammunition.

You might as well just shoot bloody wild pigs

Yeah, OK...I will get a BB Lite one day (I can hear the BB calling my name).

RN5mGDk.gif

I was actually thinking of you when I heard about the new .92 Mamba release.

Fatip razors are nice. I just wish they had tighter tolerances but the do shave very well.
I bought a straight bar OC Grande many many years at The Shaver Shop. I am a sucker for impulse buys when I physically see something.

A .92 Mamba release?
Dang...I was just on their site a few days ago. What have I missed?
Will toddle off for another look now....thanks.
Stuff that bloody .92 Mamba, and grab the BB Lite, get rid of the stupid .22 rifle and get the .338 rifle you’ll need an extra KICK and PUNCH!

A .92 Mamba release?
Dang...I was just on their site a few days ago. What have I missed?
Will toddle off for another look now....thanks.
Razorock have been doing quite a few plates this year especially on the tail end of the year. I'd like to find out if the .92 makes a difference. I used my Mamba .70 razor recently and it wasn't too bad but (excluding changing blades) I felt as though it could have been a little more efficient. I'm not sure if increasing the gap will help but I might have to look into it next year and find out for myself. The good thing about the Mamba is since you already have the .53 you could just buy the base plate although shipping isn't cheap it might still be worth a look since you enjoy the .53 a lot.

Stuff that bloody .92 Mamba, and grab the BB Lite, get rid of the stupid .22 rifle and get the .338 rifle you’ll need an extra KICK and PUNCH!
He's probably right. It is a lot dearer and the learning curve is a little higher than a Mamba razor but the Blackbird Lite is quite an excellent razor.

I've had a couple of shaves now.
It's not too bad. Certainly a closer shave than the wee Mamba.
As per normal Fatip operating it does need a couple of tries to get the blade square, and aligned with the front edges of the base.
For the money it is OK...not stellar, but is any Fatip better than just 'OK'?
Will decide after Xmas is all over and the dust has settled if that BB Lite will be 'the one'.
I'll be home alone for a week then, and will have the credit card primed and ready!

Looking at both the BB Lite and the Mamba .92 baseplate, apart from the price difference, my worry is that the .92 Mamba may give me the shave I want.
I might try both!
Well, that's the usual mode of operation isn't it?
Once the Xmas rush has sorted itself out and New Year safely passed, (don't trust the mail at this time of year), I will go shopping.

Looking at both the BB Lite and the Mamba .92 baseplate, apart from the price difference, my worry is that the .92 Mamba may give me the shave I want.
I might try both!
Once the Xmas rush has sorted itself out and New Year safely passed, (don't trust the mail at this time of year), I will go shopping.
I hear you. I used to feel the same way. I still have some things in transit that I am waiting on.
I can't argue with the both approach.
If you buy the Blackland Lite, give it a good few weeks of solid shaves and a variety of blades spending a good amount of time on each blade but if you still cannot get along with it then I can almost 100% guarantee you that there would be someone on the forum that will happily take it off your hands given how sort after and popular they are.
As a new customer to Blackland you should get a percentage off if you sign up to their newsletter.

As for Fatip razors, they remind me of Merkur in some ways. The potential is there but they just do not make that leap to CNC machine manufacturing for tighter tolerances and better materials but if they did they'd sell a lot more units.

I might try both!

I don't know about the lite but 2 years ago I got a blackbird and haven't kept another razor in the den since!
(I did try several but they were promptly sold off!)