Brush Advice Sought

Bucephalus

G'day guys
I recently commenced bowl lathering and would appreciate your collective advice regarding my brushes.
I use a Semogue 830 Boar (Premium 90% Tops) which I like. Semogues meet both my requirements and my senior citizen budget.

Other brushes:
1. Vulfix (Pure badger), research indicates it's ideal for a stiffer, exfoliating effect.
2. Simpson PJ2 (Best badger), research indicates it's soft yet with sufficient backbone to create a thick luxurious lather.
3. Simpson "Wee Scot", never used, original wrapping/box which should go to a good home. Any interest?

Are the Vulfix or PJ2 good bowl latherers? If not, I will continue to use my 830 and offer the Vulfix and PJ2 for sale. Neither have been used and both have their original wrapping and boxes.

Stick with whatever works for you @Becephalus you don't need a cupboard full of brushes. If you are happy with the Semogue and have no interest in the other brushes then by all means put them up on the BST if that is what you want to do. You could even look at getting another Semogue Boar brush if you like those but want a little variety.

I'm having a ball facing lather with a Omega 10065 25mm knot with a 52mm loft (y) and this boar brush has broken in nicely and is far better than the Semogue boar brushes I've own a 620, 830, 1800 & SOC boar.

Give Omega 10065 25mm knot with a 52mm loft a try you'll won't be sorry ;)

Guys
Does anyone know of an Aussie retailer where I can purchase a Semogue 620 Boar (Extra 75% Tops), Handle 44mm, Loft 50mm, Knot 22mm, for face lathering? I don't want to pay in €, US $, or £ Sterling as my bank charges conversion fees.

EXACTLY that one! Semogues suit me fine. I have both the 620 and 830, but wish a spare of each. TSW sell the 830 but not the 620 . However, their 830s are "Out of Stock" :unsure: .

EXACTLY that one! Semogues suit me fine. I have both the 620 and 830, but wish a spare of each. TSW sell the 830 but not the 620 . However, their 830s are "Out of Stock" :unsure: .

Can I interest you in a "just broken in" 1800 going cheap?

You could always email the shave shed to see if they have more on the way?

Thanks guys for your interest.
Sxot: the Semogue 620 came highly recommended for face-lathering with its 44mm Handle, 50mm Loft and 22mm Knot. The 1800 has, and correct if I'm wrong, 53mm Handle, Loft 57mm and 22mm Knot. I'm wondering about its exfoliating performance in comparison with the Semogue.

SpeedyPC: Apologies, mea culpa. I did read your original reference to the Italian Omega which appears closer to my 620 than the 1800. AGAIN, I'm wondering about its exfoliating performance in comparison with my Semogue 620 OR Sxot's 1800??

SpeedyPC: Apologies, mea culpa. I did read your original reference to the Italian Omega which appears closer to my 620 than the 1800. AGAIN, I'm wondering about its exfoliating performance in comparison with my Semogue 620 OR Sxot's 1800??

@Becephalus why don't you buy one Omega 10065 brush and find out yourself it won't kill you, and if you don't like it you can always sell it and it's not the end of the world (y)

That's an option mate although I tend to stick with what I know hence my 45-year marriage - proposed after 4 days! Was I drunk or what :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

Not sure about PP, I can purchase/pay via PP but not receive funds, etc.