Brush restoration

Make sure to drill a hole big enough to get the cutter in, which mean you will have to do 3 or 4 holes and join them up. Now you can use the cutter to enlarge the hole.
51024485918_5302868641_c.jpg

51024486433_2394deffc5_c.jpg

51025314977_4386abbcf5_c.jpg

Last edited:
I now need to finish off the remaining brushes using the same technique and order some more knots. I did both the Rubberset brushes, starting with the one sans knot. I only had to get through the shelf on that one and then emboldened I did the full removal on the other one.

The knot is currently not epoxied in since Im still on the fence about further work. I'll make up my mind after my forthcoming hike in Tasmania and then conclude with either the extra sanding and then fixing the knot with epoxy. I must say the knot feels pretty darn good. Im looking forward to a shave with it in a few weeks.

Sensational stuff @Ebonysw45 !

Cheers to the original enabler. To think, it only cost me 3 times as much as buying a brush. Luckily you sold me 4 of them. I only had to get the workstation, the vice, dremel chuck, drill bit, high speed cutter, epoxy, polishing compound etc. Means I can do more things with considerable more ease. So no losers here.

Started off a little tense but it its not too hard.

Started off a little tense but it its not too hard.

Oh, so we can all send our brushes to you now? :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad that they have all ended up being made useful. That was my original plan but really just no time and then I lost interest.

Did the Ever Ready brushes today and man they are more trouble than the Rubberset.

The 150 was not too different from the Rubberset, knot and shelf had to be removed. A little more intensive. The 152c wow whole diffrernt thing.

It has 2 layers of what can only be described in expletives. 1 is tar like and sites just below the brush knot and at the base of that something like a brick in composition.

Last edited:
In retrospect if I came across something like this again I might opt to chisel out the tar and initially leave the other substrate as a shelf depending on the loft. The Muhle didn’t fit so I assumed not having set a knot before that it wouldn’t fit either. If however it was in the way I might opt to try a masonry drill bit. I will update the thread when I get a few knots and try them for depth.

Last edited: