Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
OK gents, it has been quite a while that the wet shaving community in CBR has had one. So it must be time for another CBR Catch Up!

I'll throw in a date and time to start discussion - 2pm on Sunday 7 April.

This gives people time to plan to keep this date free. If it doesn't work we can negotiate some other time and date.

I'm open to holding it at my place if people want to view the collection. If people are over that we can go elsewhere.

Out of towners are more than welcome.

Come down for the weekend and enjoy the joys of Canberra's Centenary Celebrations.

If that is not your taste there are always the Canberra vineyards and wineries.

Should we not hold it at my place and people have come down to visit I'll make sure we find time to look at the collection if there is interest.

I've posted this on a couple of forums - you never know WHO may turn up!

Last edited:
Consider me a possible. The drive to Canberra isn't too bad from where I am (about 2.5 hours from memory). I will consult SWMBO and get back to you.

Cool - we will finalise details when closer to the time

I'm told that the Canberra Craft Beer and Cider Festival starts on the 13th.

Would that be a better date for people/ arouse more interest?

I'm in Canberra 28th Apr - 3rd May, or there abouts. But don't change the date on my acocunt.

I'm in Canberra 28th Apr - 3rd May, or there abouts. But don't change the date on my acocunt.

You will have to get in touch when you are here and we can catch up!

Unfortunately it looks like I am already busy on both the dates mentioned by Mark, so you'll have to count me out this time. Sorry :sad2:

It is almost upon us - the CBR Catch Up 2013 version 1!

As you know we have a time - 2pm on Sunday 7 April.

I indicated earlier that I'm open to holding it at my place if people want to view the collection. We can sit around my garage or out the back around the table if the weather is fine.

Alternatively we can catch up at Tilleys as we have done before and I can bring some show and tell stuff too. What do people prefer? I'm happy either way.

What do you want to do guys?

So far it seems it will be me, Timmy Dee, Marcus and possibly Badger and Bengall and Lynchy Snr from B&B plus Lynchy from here.

As a special surprise we will have a wet-shaving lucky dip too! So if you were on the fence about coming along now is the time to make it happen ;)

Hey Mark,

I'm still keen, don't really care about the location!

Don't know if the old man will be able to
make it, as he/I will be in Sydney tomorrow for a funeral.

If you do host it at your house what did you want people to bring?

OK - let's make it Tilleys - more central as was said elsewhere - and better cake than a Woolies one!

I'll bring some show and tell and my lucky dip. If you want me to bring anything particular to look at let me know.

See you all Sunday!!!

Tilleys today 14:00?

I'm there lol

Great - looking forward to it mate. An outside table if nice or inside otherwise :)

Lucky Dip should be great!

Just watch out for those B&B types :eek:mg:

The B&B/P&C Canberra Catch Up has happened!

We came, we saw, we had a lucky dip, some beers and Vitamin F (that is F-A-T as found in fries and wedges :001_tt2:)

What an odd bunch, me with my DEs, Tim with his smells and Marcus with his amazing straights - all the way from SYD!!!!

Now that is mod commitment for you :thumbup1:

Glad we had Marcus and his straights there - had to fight off a little old lady and her book club for the table. Tim found the occasional screaming child unsettling while Michael (Lynchy) and I found the noise comforting as it was clearly somebody else's child!

OK, OK - pics or it didn't happen:

The B&B/P&C Canberra Catch Up has happened!

We came, we saw, we had a lucky dip, some beers and Vitamin F (that is F-A-T as found in fries and wedges :001_tt2:)

What an odd bunch, me with my DEs, Tim with his smells and Marcus with his amazing straights - all the way from SYD!!!!

Now that is mod commitment for you :thumbup1:

Glad we had Marcus and his straights there - had to fight off a little old lady and her book club for the table. Tim found the occasional screaming child unsettling while Michael (Lynchy) and I found the noise comforting as it was clearly somebody else's child!

OK, OK - pics or it didn't happen:

Lovely photos but who is who? Also I took part in the lucky dip in my mind so what did I win? Let me guess an imaginery razor! :)

If you read carefully enough, then work out who has what product in front of them you should be able to work it out.

If you read carefully enough, then work out who has what product in front of them you should be able to work it out.

^^^ this - and there may even be an imaginary prize for you GT if you can work it out!

Thank you Mark for organising! It was a nice way to spend Sunday Arvo.

And ..... One of the lucky dip prizes was a bottom dial :eek: !!

Thank you Mark for organising! It was a nice way to spend Sunday Arvo.

And ..... One of the lucky dip prizes was a bottom dial :eek: !!

No it wasn't! Dunny claimed the same thing over YKW.

I grabbed the Bottom Dial for the show and tell and it did look similar to the lucky dip prizes - but never had a number on it!!!!