Choosing a brush

J.Mac

2018 Sabbatical Fail
Hi all,
Can i get some thoughts on a couple of brushes i have short listed.
I currently have a simpsons duke 1 in pure which i just find too small.

I am considering an omega 6215 and the Semogue owners club 2 band.

Any feedback from users of these brushes would be appreciated.

Cheers

What else do you dislike about the brush?
What do you like about it?
Have you tried any other brushes? If yes, what did you like and dislike about them?

The SOC 2 band is an outstandingly good brush and represents exceptional value for money. I paid less than $100 for mine and very happy with it.

What else do you dislike about the brush?
What do you like about it?
Have you tried any other brushes? If yes, what did you like and dislike about them?
I mainly just dislike it's small size. Apart from a cheap synthetic it's the only brush i have used so it's hard to give any more detailed feedback on it sorry.
I face lather and tend to paint on the lather if that makes any difference.

I have never used the SOC or an Omega boar, from what I have read they tend to be on the floppy side...which might not be nice face lathering.

But as @nsavage said, they are good value for money in that price point.

Do you have a budget as well?

The semogue is a 2 band which from the description is meant to have a strong back bone with soft tips. I actually went ahead and purchased this one as it was a joint order and i needed to make a decision! Hopefully it is what i am after.
Thanks for the comments.

Great work and I really hope you will enjoy the brush!

I wouldn't call a Semogue SOC 2-band Badger a soft tips the tips will soften up some hair will started to curl (more) and therefore starting to feel more like "gel" tips, and once this is done and starting to feel more like "gel" tips you can face lather without any scritching or scratchy feel after about 15 or 20 used believe me I own a Semogue SOC 2-band Badger.

The semogue is a 2 band which from the description is meant to have a strong back bone with soft tips. I actually went ahead and purchased this one as it was a joint order and i needed to make a decision! Hopefully it is what i am after.
Thanks for the comments.
I would expect that you will be happy with that brush mate.

I'll find out in a couple of weeks. I now just need to finalise my soap order to test it out on.

SOC comes in both badger and boar.
I've the boar and love it now it's broken in, sooo soft, yet lathers up a storm!
Been curious about the badger though, so if you're considering flipping... :)

I've the boar and love it now it's broken in, sooo soft, yet lathers up a storm!
The badger is (as mentioned above) outstanding and excellent value for money.

I havnt even received it in the post yet :pI'm expecting to enjoy this brush.