Col Conk Bay Rum soap

MWF has I think one of the nicest scents and is a good lather. Not as good as a few others I could mention but there's nothing wrong with it. It's as hard as buggery (not as bad as Erasmic) and just needs a bit more violence. Although I've turned mine into shave sticks it's really better loading it from a container rather than flattening your skin to the bone to get enough product on your face. I disagree with hunnymonster, it's without doubt a left nipple soap.

Like Pjotr said, MWF is not the best, but a nice decent soap. I like the plain soap smell, and it doesn't hang around all day, or irritate.
Must work for me either way with regards to which nipple, as I'm not wearing a shirt when I shave.
Or otherwise it's because I use it with a very firm bristled boar brush and attack it, and let it get a a bit of moisture with some few drops of hot water beforehand..

Last edited:
.......Must work for me either way with regards to which nipple, as I'm not wearing a shirt when I shave.
Or otherwise it's because I use it with a very firm bristled boar brush and attack it.......

Aaah......the violent double nipple method. That's overkill.

I think we've all succumbed to wankerdom at this lark at some point. It's if you stay there after you know what you're doing that you're in trouble.

OOPS - clearly I have issues then - I'm still a regular there :embarrest:

I also claim that a little of the OTT stuff I've done has been in an attempt to be very clear to beginners and explain every little detail - well at least that is my excuse...

That's when you send money regularly to US forums to get gold badges on your avatar, and pray one day they'll notice your 50 posts a day and make you a steward. I hear it comes with epaulettes and tassly bits.

So that is how it is done! I must try harder then, do the tassly bits come in a range of colours?

What do the Mods here get? A Vision Collision t-shirt? :rolleyes:

MWF is just a piece of shit.

What! Don't do this to me. First it was Erasmic now the MWF in my bottom drawer.

I was going to be SOOOOO cool shaving with the 'fat using my fat(boy).......

BTW - Col Conk didn't impress me when I used some from the B&B Travelling Box. Ok, but nothing special. I prefer the 300 swirls with a twist in the pike position on the Cella or P.160

Last edited:
BTW - Col Conk didn't impress me when I used some from the B&B Travelling Box. Ok, butt nothing special.

Thats your problem there Mark - meant to go on the face not the butt. (The mind boggles at the images of exactly how one would go about this (and what blade one would use) :)

Thats your problem there Mark - meant to go on the face not the butt. (The mind boggles at the images of exactly how one would go about this (and what blade one would use) :)

AHHHH, is that the problem

See even though I am still fairly new, I can still teach you experienced guys something.
Todays lesson was "Lather and razors are for the top cheeks only".

Glen

Or we have introduced a new term into the shaving vernacular:

MBS - Man Butt Smooth

A lower peak to reach for those of us struggling with BBS.

See even though I am still fairly new, I can still teach you experienced guys something.
Todays lesson was "Lather and razors are for the top cheeks only".

Glen

Just watch it mate - I might forget to take those red ones again......

(and we know what happens then)

I don't have a good feeling with this soap. I always get the same result with every technique: an evanescent foam just enough for a pass. I have the amber version.
Your comments about it, even if negative, are most encouraging! Because on other forums I have received only positive opinions about this soap and for a moment I thought I suddenly became unable to foam o_O

But now I have the solution! (y)
Violence is the answer.
Thank you!

I'm not a fan of this stuff - I agree with your description @Emanuele

Same here. Only thing I like is it melts. The smell and lather sux. That said it did work well when I was using a wet/ dry electric shaver because it has good glide :)

It's not the thickest lather, but it can do a decent job. Load up more is the only suggestion. It's certainly cheap enough and it'll use it up.

It's not the thickest lather, but it can do a decent job. Load up more is the only suggestion. It's certainly cheap enough and it'll use it up.

Make a super-lather by lathering with it and then adding a cheap shaving cream as well.

Make a super-lather by lathering with it and then adding a cheap shaving cream as well.

i.e. - this product is crap, mix it with a really good cheapie and you get something acceptable.

That sounds like YKW logic to me.

Why not just buy decent stuff in the first place - there are SOOOO many to chose from!!!!

i.e. - this product is crap, mix it with a really good cheapie and you get something acceptable.

That sounds like YKW logic to me.

Why not just buy decent stuff in the first place - there are SOOOO many to chose from!!!!
I'm just suggesting a way to use it up and not waste it. I'm not advocating to buy the stuff! I agree with you all - it's shockingly bad...

I'm just suggesting a way to use it up and not waste it. I'm not advocating to buy the stuff! I agree with you all - it's shockingly bad...

OK, point taken. I stand corrected ! :)