Coming soon...

WOW! (Should I have watched the clip?

Couldnt resist an offering

The gentleman? in the black corset is the recipient of my DNA?

Attachments

• 5360_102338662206_503117206_2023483_6975259_n.jpg
    5360_102338662206_503117206_2023483_6975259_n.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 16
Well Glen, it depends on your definition of recipient. If you attempted to pass your DNA to the gentleman in the black corset, you can rest assured it wouldn't have been successful. That you might have tried this is an entirely different proposition.

That's your son the actor? I thought he was in some Shakepeare plays. I'm no expert on Shakepeare but I can't imagine an interpretation that would lead to that! Don't worry he's probably just trying to get a bit of extra dosh so he can pay for posting those mountains of razors to you.

He has been busy trying to establish himself as an actor no pay at all for this stuff. He has a preferance for Willie but is just trying to establish himself. He actually had a play he wrote and produced play in one of the theatres. His latest Shakespere gi is the first he will be paid for.

Shakespeare was full of trannys, the girls weren't allowed to act.

Today however, there's no excuse. Can't he do something more dignified, like dress up as comedy fruit and hand out leaflets at a mall? All the big names started right there.

Shakespeare was full of trannys, the girls weren't allowed to act.

Today however, there's no excuse. Can't he do something more dignified, like dress up as comedy fruit and hand out leaflets at a mall? All the big names started right there.

You are the one who started the Rocky Horror stuff - If it helps he recently appeared in Henry the V as Henry the V. I can even send the reviews if you want!

We believe you Glen. I take my hat off to anybody trying to make living acting or any of the arts for that matter. I still can't help but get the feeling the poor sod is having to take roles just to pay the postage bill for the razors he's sending you.

I still can't help but get the feeling the poor sod is having to take roles just to pay the postage bill for the razors he's sending you.

Up to know its all been free stuff - The play he is starting shortly will be his first paid job - then with a bit of luck he can afford to send the stuff express instead of tramp steamer.

Here Tis

Pj's last project was a special one for me. Going through my Dad's stuff after he died a couple of years ago, I found his old brush. Not sure when he used it last, but it was in a terrible state. I only remember him using canned stuff, and that's all he had when I shaved him in the last couple of weeks before he died - he wouldn't let the nurses do it anymore, it hurt, and he told them I would do it. I think he'd been through enough indignities by that point. I used some of my cream, so got some decent shaves, as the stubble was really starting to bother him.

I cleaned up the handle, but the knot was long past doing anything with. After dallying with TGNs other knots, we decided to got hard or go home for this one. Nothing but the Finest. Luckily this brush handle is a Vulfix, so there was some decent headroom inside it to work with, as TGN knots come standard 65mm for setting.

I think the width is 22mm. Pj set it at 45mm and that is probably about the sweet spot for most badgers. The Finest is better packed than the other grades, so it could even go a bit taller and still be really useful.

This is dry - straight out of the Maggi container:

New.jpg

Wetted and lathered:

Top.jpgUsed.jpg

The idea was too keep this for one of my boys. Even if they don't use it, because they've got multi-blades in their iPads, they've got something of their Grandad's to keep.

But after trying it, I'll be getting it out occasionally, just to keep it from going manky in the cupboard, and they'll know it was mine too. This is a damn good brush. I can hear PJ shouting 'thank fck for that' from here.

It's pretty dense, has really good grunt, but is stupidly soft-tipped. I'm not convinced the hairs aren't bleached, but who cares, it matches the handle very nicely. Really easy to use. I gave it a bash for a week or so and it softened up a bit, but just became even more user friendly. It's getting into Chubby territory - not quite as good or dense, but pretty fckin close to it.

Definitely recommend the Finest if you're going to do a re-knot. Anywhere between 45-50mm loft will get you a top brush.

..........I can hear PJ shouting 'thank fck for that' from here..........

Yep. A seemingly insurmountable challenge has been conquered.

..........I think the width is 22mm. Pj set it at 45mm and that is probably about the sweet spot for most badgers. The Finest is better packed than the other grades, so it could even go a bit taller and still be really useful...........

I think anything in badger over 45mm can be dicey. You really need the knot to be extra dense to have any chance of it not being a bit gutless. Doesn't matter that much for committed bowl latherers but if you're a face latherer a badger that size without an appreciable backbone quickly becomes a messy affair. Good for inadvertendly lathering your ear canals and the back of your neck.

Based on the TGN knots I've used to date I'd say that Finest is probably the best value knot they have. This one also had extra hair and it obviously helped. So, for the restorers out there, go for TGN Finest with extra hair if you can.

Looking at the pictures, it looks as though from a visual perspective the handle could easily supprt a taller loft but I'm glad we didn't give in to that aspect. In fact I had a bit too much room so I placed a cent coin in the bottom to provide a base for the knot. When archeologists discover this brush they'll be able to give it an approximate date. One also has to consider these things. Carbon dating is always a bit problematic.

Last edited: