Criminal!

TobyC

Should be against the law to sell these anywhere on earth!

100_3337-jpg.112607

100_3338-jpg.112608

My favourite blade! Very, very sharp. Careless use is punished but otherwise fantastic. Not recommended for anyone new to DE shaving, but if it works for you, it works great. Definitely will not appeal to many DE shavers. Suitable for those who use Feather blades. :happy:

My favourite blade! Very, very sharp. Careless use is punished but otherwise fantastic. Not recommended for anyone new to DE shaving, but if it works for you, it works great. Definitely will not appeal to many DE shavers. Suitable for those who use Feather blades. :happy:
I love Feather blades, and I can use just about any blade from anywhere. Bleeding is not the issue, I never bleed when I shave, these Bics pull, and I mean pull hard and painfully! Folks on other forums say they are inconsistent, very good or very bad, many agree with me that they aren't worth a second chance.

I love Feather blades, and I can use just about any blade from anywhere. Bleeding is not the issue, I never bleed when I shave, these Bics pull, and I mean pull hard and painfully! Folks on other forums say they are inconsistent, very good or very bad, many agree with me that they aren't worth a second chance.

I've given these a try twice and my experience has been similar to yours. Have tried many other blades however this one was special :LOL:.

@TobyC have you tried one of these in your Rocca? I used to hate BIC blades, now they are my favourite in the Rocca so much so I went out and bought 400 of them.

Used them in other razors and didnt like them at all, sharp but rough.. for some reason in the Rocca they are amazing

I finally received my rocca and as expected, the BIC works great in it!

For me, the magical combos are progress/BIC and blackbird/BIC.

I can hardly feel the blade and the shave is ultra close and even longer lasting than polsilver/Wizamet!

My previous favorite was ATT/polsilver. The BIC was horrible in the ATT!! Rough and very scratchy right from the first swipe!

No wonder gents lay the blame on the blade. Luckily I experimented and found the perfect razor pairings.

@TobyC have you tried one of these in your Rocca? I used to hate BIC blades, now they are my favourite in the Rocca so much so I went out and bought 400 of them.

Used them in other razors and didnt like them at all, sharp but rough.. for some reason in the Rocca they are amazing
Vintage guy here, no Rocca for me. And I'm an "any blade in any razor" guy, so that would violate my philosophy on razors. :LOL: I'll leave all the Bics for you fellas that like 'em. (y)

Vintage guy here, no Rocca for me. And I'm an "any blade in any razor" guy, so that would violate my philosophy on razors. :LOL: I'll leave all the Bics for you fellas that like 'em. (y)

Hmmm that kind of confirms my assessment...vintage razors tend not to bend the blade very much and this doesn't bode well for the BIC blade.

I tried a couple dozen vintage razors but was never satisfied due to there always being some degree of blade chatter.

Hmmm that kind of confirms my assessment...vintage razors tend not to bend the blade very much and this doesn't bode well for the BIC blade.

I tried a couple dozen vintage razors but was never satisfied due to there always being some degree of blade chatter.
Sounds like you shave too steep, scraper angles are never smooth.

Sounds like you shave too steep, scraper angles are never smooth.

You mean riding the bar?
Nah, I don't prefer this. Feels rough to me.

E.g. So many guys advocate riding the bar with the blackbird but I disliked it. Turning the handle up a little makes it a very smooth shaver.

Then there are razors that are optimal at a lower angle, like the Merkur Progress.
Due to the blade bend, it has a shaving angle of about 30°.

The BIC works magically in both these razors.

I'm with the black pussy cat on this.
Tried BIC with a few different razors.
Have relegated them to 2nd place in my 'bad & badder' list.
Only beaten by the king of crap blades...the almighty Bolzano.
They are horrible blunt metal things shaped like a razor blade.
My lovely face does not like them.
But...maybe I'm just delicate?

I don't think it's about "delicate" because I have dermatitis-prone skin and shaving is really harsh for me by default.

But the BIC, in the right razor, provides a very close and extremely comfortable shave. Causing no inflammation afterwards.

I find them much sharper than other higher end Gillette blades like gsb, nacet, yellow/green etc.

And much smoother than feather, Gillette platinum.

Btw bolzano I found to be crap in all my razors!

I finally received my rocca and as expected, the BIC works great in it!

For me, the magical combos are progress/BIC and blackbird/BIC.

I can hardly feel the blade and the shave is ultra close and even longer lasting than polsilver/Wizamet!

My previous favorite was ATT/polsilver. The BIC was horrible in the ATT!! Rough and very scratchy right from the first swipe!

No wonder gents lay the blame on the blade. Luckily I experimented and found the perfect razor pairings.
I can use any blade in any razor with flawless results, as long as the blade isn't BIC. Good blades are good blades, the razor is just a handle.

Graham field medical blades are the "Blade From Hell" and should be in a list of their own for extreme discomfort. There are no words to properly describe them. https://www.grahamfield.com/Medical_Product/Razor_Blade.aspx?b=0&s=0&c=0&g=0&p=769&v=1

I can use any blade in any razor with flawless results, as long as the blade isn't BIC. Good blades are good blades, the razor is just a handle.

Right...and I must be imagining how the BIC feels on my skin and imagining what the mirror is showing me.

It's funny I had an almost identical discussion with a guy in the UK.

He insisted that I'm doing something wrong to require 4 passes and I should be able to get BBS in 2 passes.

I explained and explained but he wasn't getting it. I looked at his FB pic and saw he is Caucasian with not a heavy beard.

I OTOH, have Indian ethnicity, my beard is thick and dark, skin is light olive. Horrible combination!!
With most razors/blades, I have a 5 o'clock shadow straight after shaving!

My aim is not just BBS smoothness but also to reduce the "post shave shadow" to minimum so the BBS not only feels smooth but looks smooth.

15 years, 80+ razors, 60+ blades later, I know what works for me and what doesn't.

I believe forums can get concentrated and a bias may form. If anyone wants real evidence of actually how good BIC blades are, read the tons of reviews on Amazon UK.

Last edited: