Criminal!

A razor blade with a warning about Cancer and Reproductive Harm :unsure:
RhsrcGP.png

The P65 warnings are ridiculous!!

It may be due to the chromium in the blade which made it mandatory for them to place the P65 warning.

Right...and I must be imagining how the BIC feels on my skin and imagining what the mirror is showing me.

It's funny I had an almost identical discussion with a guy in the UK.

He insisted that I'm doing something wrong to require 4 passes and I should be able to get BBS in 2 passes.

I explained and explained but he wasn't getting it. I looked at his FB pic and saw he is Caucasian with not a heavy beard.

I OTOH, have Indian ethnicity, my beard is thick and dark, skin is light olive. Horrible combination!!
With most razors/blades, I have a 5 o'clock shadow straight after shaving!

My aim is not just BBS smoothness but also to reduce the "post shave shadow" to minimum so the BBS not only feels smooth but looks smooth.

15 years, 80+ razors, 60+ blades later, I know what works for me and what doesn't.

I believe forums can get concentrated and a bias may form. If anyone wants real evidence of actually how good BIC blades are, read the tons of reviews on Amazon UK.
I think the principle might be a blades-for-faces thing. The razor is just something to hold the blade steady and in the right direction while it does its work. For instance, many here extol the virtues of the Polsilver SI, but I found them fairly so-so, even in the Rocca. I never got around to trying the BIC, which in retrospect might have been a bit ungrateful, since I'm pretty sure Cary Grant, err, @Ozwhisker sent me some with one of my Stirling orders. I did, however, really like the Gillette 7O'C Yellow.

I think the principle might be a blades-for-faces thing. The razor is just something to hold the blade steady and in the right direction while it does its work. For instance, many here extol the virtues of the Polsilver SI, but I found them fairly so-so, even in the Rocca. I never got around to trying the BIC, which in retrospect might have been a bit ungrateful, since I'm pretty sure Cary Grant, err, @Ozwhisker sent me some with one of my Stirling orders. I did, however, really like the Gillette 7O'C Yellow.
That makes more sense.
The Gillette 7 O'clock Green is amazing, that's what I used to finish off the aborted Bic shave. I think I have some Yellows, I'll go there as soon as the Green dies.

I mostly agree with this.
That's why I don't change blades to suit a razor, I change razors to suit my favorite blades (polsilver and BIC).

However, different razors do change the balance of efficiency and smoothness.

Going from my previous favorite, ATT Windsor H to my now favorite, the blackbird, was quite a huge difference.

The tiny gap and huge exposure works magnificently for my daily shave.

I don't find it rough, harsh or menacing. It's very comfy and cuts much deeper than any other razor I've ever used. This gives me the comfort I want and the closeness which lasts into the night!

No other razor has been able to achieve this, despite using the same blades.