December 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never achieved a slick lather. Guaranteed it's my technique because B&M get good reviews from other wet shavers

The reserve base of that soap can be a little finicky to dial in if not used to it. When dialled in properly, It also produces a slick yoghurty texture when face lathering. I remember my fist two shaves with B&M Waves were gooey and runny. I then did some hand practise lathers to learn how to dial it properly. B&M Spice is really nice interpretation of the original Shulton Old Spice.

The reserve base of that soap can be a little finicky to dial in if not used to it. When dialled in properly, It also produces a slick yoghurty texture when face lathering. I remember my fist two shaves with B&M Waves were gooey and runny. I then did some hand practise lathers to learn how to dial it properly. B&M Spice is really nice interpretation of the original Shulton Old Spice.
B&M Soap and Synthetics I am yet to master but kept one of each for practice

B&M Soap and Synthetics I am yet to master but kept one of each for practice
Remember @Holiday ALL soaps are different, different formula and different texture, because, every soap has a different learning curve to dialed the lather correctly.

Just keep learning and pay very close attention to all your soaps, trust me, it's takes a while to understand and you'll be able to see the light better.

sjSDSvk.jpg

Pre black friday purchase from Maggards, only to have them offer 50% of international shipping the following week because fml. Overseas carrier is Asendia, so of course, it took a while. Ordered on 17/11. Arrived in Aus from the US on 22/12.

Picked up some more SW because of how good Gravefruit is. Unfortunately, the SW house scents aren't as deep and complex, but they're serviceable. Soap base is awesome though it still has that distinct vegan soap tackiness that tallow soaps don't have. It takes a bit to dial in the slickness, but once you have it, it's slickness is as good as any other soap, tallow or otherwise. I've always wanted to try Zingari Man but wasn't sure which one to get. Really wanted to try out that Sego base and got what I thought was the safest scent (for me). Cannonball was a FOMO purchase since Summer break soaps is discontinuing that one.

I never thought I'd have this opportunity but have now acquired a 24mm P&C LE Platypus Brush.
I joined P&C mid 2017 so was way too late to put my name down for this brush. After having been part of the P&C community for a few years I appreciate how lucky we are to have such a functional online shave community as this so it is nice to have the opportunity to purchase some quality gear that directly identifies with Paste & Cut. When the Matilda was offered there was no way I was missing out on that after having previously missed the Platypus.
This brush was rescued from a BST on a USA forum some time back by @Mark1966 who already owned a Platypus so he was looking to offload a duplicate (lucky for me).
So this brush has a little history but what amazed me after having seen pictures of the Platypus in SOTD posts over the last few years, was how stunning the Platypus was in the hand and much like the Matilda, very hard to capture the full visual impact in a photograph, though I think @Tony Forsyth s original photos post production represented the brush extremely well.
So I'm very happy to have a Platypus in captivity and looking forward to putting it to work very soon (perhaps Christmas day).

C7bxRHll.jpg

LNeAFLMl.jpg

I never thought I'd have this opportunity but have now acquired a 24mm P&C LE Platypus Brush.
I joined P&C mid 2017 so was way too late to put my name down for this brush. After having been part of the P&C community for a few years I appreciate how lucky we are to have such a functional online shave community as this so it is nice to have the opportunity to purchase some quality gear that directly identifies with Paste & Cut. When the Matilda was offered there was no way I was missing out on that after having previously missed the Platypus.
This brush was rescued from a BST on a USA forum some time back by @Mark1966 who already owned a Platypus so he was looking to offload a duplicate (lucky for me).
So this brush has a little history but what amazed me after having seen pictures of the Platypus in SOTD posts over the last few years, was how stunning the Platypus was in the hand and much like the Matilda, very hard to capture the full visual impact in a photograph, though I think @Tony Forsyth s original photos post production represented the brush extremely well.
So I'm very happy to have a Platypus in captivity and looking forward to putting it to work very soon (perhaps Christmas day).

C7bxRHll.jpg

LNeAFLMl.jpg

Wow, I was thinking just yesterday that the platypus (far lovelier than the Matilda) would never escape captivity, and here I see one. Far out, well scored. Even though I don't go in for badgers, I am green (though not malachite green) with envy.

C7bxRHll.jpg

LNeAFLMl.jpg
What an amazing score mate and such a wonderful gesture from @Mark1966. (y)(y)(y) @Tony Forsyth certainly fashioned an amazing LE P&C Brush! :love:

C7bxRHll.jpg

LNeAFLMl.jpg
Great looking brush. I am sure it will lather just as good as it looks.(y)

Mail Call today - thanks @Vlasta (y)(y)(y)

Exceptional packaging and customer service. Its tiny but quite hefty and the knot reminds me of my Maggard SHD fan which is fabulous. Can't wait to give it a whirl. :love:

IMG-20201224-152758.jpg

IMG-20201224-152830.jpg

IMG-20201224-152836.jpg

My family gifted me the Rex Ambassador for Christmas. Yay. First modern adjustable DE.
Impressed with the construction. Feels solid/ reliable.
8oArezal.jpg

7DM3tLCl.jpg

94dslG0l.jpg

Very clever of them !

Have been hoarding purchases over the past couple of months for the girls to gift @ XMAS
A number of second hand items from P&C and Murphy & McNeil in amongst them

Y6Xfqhf.jpg

Merry XMAS P&C and here's hoping 2021 is a better year 🥂

bksaCyv.jpg

WGEcRkR.jpg

My Aliexpress 11/11 sale purchases finally got delivered this morning. China to Australia by 29/12 (ugh, never thought it was going to get here by 2020, tbh). 2 badger brushes and 2 synthetic brushes for around $180 (got caught out with the taxes, thought it was going to be cheaper). All from Oumo.

From left to right:

• 26mm SHD Badger Hook Fan
  • 26mm SHD Badger Manchuria Fan
  • 28mm TH synthetic
  • 26mm Motherlode synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.