Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I have so often said "A thing of beauty is a joy forever", the poet could be excused for climbing out of his nearly-unmarked grave in Rome and whacking me over the head with it. It's apposite enough here, though. My latest TroyCraft brush, "Vazon Forest" (Forêt de Vazon) has been 5 months in creation, the subject of 59 PMs and 37 emails back and forth, mostly while we waited for the burls to hatch.

The story behind the name is that off the West coast of the distant island whence I come, there are the remains of a forest claimed by the sea thousands of years ago. My dad and I used to dive around there looking for bass when I was a kid. Dad sadly passed away last June, and I think of this brush as a tribute to a man I miss every day.

PXL-20221201-004848666.jpg

PXL-20221201-004837023.jpg

PXL-20221201-004821069-1.jpg

Many thanks Troy, you've outdone yourself again :D (y) (y)

I have so often said "A thing of beauty is a joy forever", the poet could be excused for climbing out of his nearly-unmarked grave in Rome and whacking me over the head with it. It's apposite enough here, though. My latest TroyCraft brush, "Vazon Forest" (Forêt de Vazon) has been 5 months in creation, the subject of 59 PMs and 37 emails back and forth, mostly while we waited for the burls to hatch.

The story behind the name is that off the West coast of the distant island whence I come, there are the remains of a forest claimed by the sea thousands of years ago. My dad and I used to dive around there looking for bass when I was a kid. Dad sadly passed away last June, and I think of this brush as a tribute to a man I miss every day.

You are most welcome @Gargravarr . So glad to see it arrived safe and sound. I only wish I could take photos as good as these, they are magnificent! Especially the one where the background is focused inside the handle, looks magical!

A stunning tribute to your father.

Holy Moly that's one truly stunning brush you have there @Gargravarr and well written tribute to your late father!!! Outstanding job from the maestro @TroyTools so congratulations!

PCJKuVf.gif

BPeVHD8.jpeg

It is slightly trippy to behold the printed razor head of the Era as on the surface it looks like any other 3d printed plastic item but has the weight and feel of metal. However, there is no beating CNC machining when done well.

The Dart in hand is a thing of beauty. Shane also kindly accommodated my request for the number edition of my birth year.

BPeVHD8.jpeg

It is slightly trippy to behold the printed razor head of the Era as on the surface it looks like any other 3d printed plastic item but has the weight and feel of metal. However, there is no beating CNC machining when done well.

The Dart in hand is a thing of beauty. Shane also kindly accommodated my request for the number edition of my birth year.
I've always said the Dart is one of the most handsome razors available and now in shiny Titanium its even better (y):)(y)

Blackbird Lite Base Plate
2Pu8PtN.png
Me too coming soon in the mail is a Blackbird lite base plate in a polished safety bar, thanks for your extreme attention @klinker didn't see this coming so soon.

Last edited:
Me too coming soon in the mail is a Blackbird lite base plate in a polished safety bar, thanks for your extreme attention @klinker didn't see this coming so soon.

Glad to see your eye's on the ball. 👍