Discovered my first smooth-shavi razor/blade!

Bucephalus

(y)(y)(y) I have finally discovered my first smooth shave razor/blade combination; Gillette "Black Beauty", Setting 6 and Rapira Platinum Lux (3 smooth shaves from one blade so far). Now, to try my "Aristocrat" and "Fat Boy" with same blades. However, I suspect I may have stumbled onto my ideal pairing.

Last edited:
'Fat Boy" & Rapira Platinum Lux......................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that'l be interesting

@Becephalus I would advised you to start on #2 since you've already driven on #1 that way you only go up the ladder one step at a time that way you'll get idea as you go along for each blade gap, beside I would jump from #1 to #3 straight away and have you ever experience a Merkur Progress before? well is pretty much the same or similar experience as a Fat Boy.

Also have you ever experience a Rockwell 6s razor which is also very similar too. ;)

Thanks SpeedyPC for the advice. I shall be cautious & have no experience with either of the razors to which you refer.
At my age, I prefer my razor like my cheese, wine and woman; MATURE :whistle: ! In the nicest possible way of course.