Don't Waste Your Time Even Thinking About Getting Into Straight Razor Shaving!

So, you have been thinking about trying out this SR shaving thing. Let me tell you, you are a fool for doing so. Here is why:
  • It is the most dangerous way to shave. The population was much less when only SRs were available to shave with. The reason should be obvious.
  • It takes what seems like forever to perform just a single pass in SR shaving.
  • Almost no one has been able to fully master SR shaving, so it's a waste of time even trying.
  • SRs can cost more to buy than most other wet-shaving razors. Then there is the added expense of blade maintenance.
  • Edge maintenance adds time and/or cost to your overall shaving routine.
  • SRs are bad for the environment. Think of all the energy wasted in heat treating the steel and the plastic used in a lot of the scales (handles). Then there is the air pollution from the very fine dust generated from honing.
  • It can become an addictive habit, just like illicit drugs.
  • Probably none of your friends SR shave so you will be ostracized from them and most of society.
Hopefully you have now seen the light and the cost of SRs will soon return to normal.
Wow not much of a sales pitch lol

Wow not much of a sales pitch lol
Much of it true though. I showed my old Dad my Blackland Vector a month or so ago (he died just last week, aged 86) and he was a bit bemused by the tiny SE blades. He was an early adopter of the Gillette Trac II (which incidentally I remember as not being too bad as cartridges go), and never did get past the canned goop they sell as shaving cream. Not exactly a shining example to wet shavers, but I loved him anyway...