Dr Harris arlington

Yeah I have a puk of it in my weekly rotation. Yes I would recommend it is not overly scented a good lather for a hard soap application wise dense enough likes a little moisture to encourage it through the shave, cushioning is good, post shave feel is clean & fresh feeing

I have a stick in my travel kit. Good performance and pleasant scent.

Ok so for the container and soap is $50aud a fair price includes shipping?

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver

MacGyver

$50.00 is a bit high. Beard and Blade have it for $43.00 posted in the dark bowl, Mensbiz have it for $45.00 in the light bowl. Great perfuming soap.

MacGyver

$50.00 is a bit high. Beard and Blade have it for $43.00 posted in the dark bowl, Mensbiz have it for $45.00 in the light bowl. Great perfuming soap.

Nice soap, the scent is the reason to buy it, as performance is good but not great. Pricey, but does last a long time in this age of artisan soaps that seem to disappear overnight.

@Dan.05
I would recommend you skip the bowl as it's not very practical at all. If you really want it for the looks, then fine.

Men's biz have a 15% off discount code so email them for the code before you purchase.

For just an extra $11 (post discount) I'd recommend you grab the new formulation musgo real shaving soap. Great performance and awesome scent!

I use Arlington - beautiful scent and seems to last forever. DR Harris pucks are triple-milled and rock hard.
It was the first soap I ever used for proper DE shaving.
In the early days, the mistake I made was not building the lather properly - I was basically shaving with the proto-lather.
Take your time to build the lather, gradually adding water, and you will be rewarded.

I rather like the D.R. Harris, their balms and aftershaves are spectacular in my opinion and have always seemed to be consistently great over the many years.
I think I prefer the Sandalwood scent from D.R. Harris particularly the aftershave but it has to be said that the Arlington range is definitely great and probably their best selling soap.

As for Proraso then you'll get no argument from me there. The fact that it's that cheap means you can load that brush, build that lather like its nobody else's business and enjoy it knowing that the next time it will be just as cheap, readily available and just as great.
If you like the Green Proraso then I recommend the Red.

I rather like the D.R. Harris, their balms and aftershaves are spectacular in my opinion and have always seemed to be consistently great over the many years.
I think I prefer the Sandalwood scent from D.R. Harris particularly the aftershave but it has to be said that the Arlington range is definitely great and probably their best selling soap.

As for Proraso then you'll get no argument from me there. The fact that it's that cheap means you can load that brush, build that lather like its nobody else's business and enjoy it knowing that the next time it will be just as cheap, readily available and just as great.
If you like the Green Proraso then I recommend the Red.

I had my eye on the Arlington as I have looked at reviews on various websites and forums and have seen nothing but great words spoken about it.

I have the Proraso red. I got it hit the sandlewood smell and love it. I am getting the green as I have the green aftershave and love that too! Bloody good range if you ask me. So there you have it.

MacGyver

I had my eye on the Arlington as I have looked at reviews on various websites and forums and have seen nothing but great words spoken about it.

I have the Proraso red. I got it hit the sandlewood smell and love it. I am getting the green as I have the green aftershave and love that too! Bloody good range if you ask me. So there you have it.

MacGyver

You're definitely onto a good thing. I would recommend the Proraso Red aftershave also as at some point. :)

You're definitely onto a good thing. I would recommend the Proraso Red aftershave also as at some point. :)

Was looking for it when I walked into the shop where I found the green. Didn't have so I took the green. I'll have to order online as it seems a bit rare to walk in I guess....

MacGyver

Is DR Harris soap triple milled? If so, it might be a good contender to buy as a puck and and grate into a bowl. Half the price, right?