Ever Ready 'Sunray" SE

All the info I have is that they were made in the 1950's as a limited run and sold in a bakelite box with a stropper. Just look so cool with the Art Deco style design etching! (y)

Sorry @Sticky ! Didn't know you were bidding! I just put one bid in and didn't think Id get it :whistle:
HA ha, no worries, I didn't know you were either sorry I pushed the price up, you can blame me for the 77p. That's the first I've seen for sale so I put in a bid early and was out all day, if I had been in I might have bid a little more. I look forward to seeing it in SOTD day when it arrives.

This is beautiful! I wish some of the modern razors had Deco designs like this.

Funny thing is this is almost the opposite of what I'd normally choose astheically but it's got something about it. Looks like something out of "Stargate" almost.

This is beautiful! I wish some of the modern razors had Deco designs like this.

Funny thing is this is almost the opposite of what I'd normally choose astheically but it's got something about it. Looks like something out of "Stargate" almost.
I agree @dangerman !! Its amazing none of the GEM or related manufacturers thought to engrave the heads of the 1912 style razors before this.

All the info I have is that they were made in the 1950's as a limited run and sold in a bakelite box with a stropper. Just look so cool with the Art Deco style design etching! (y)
Never seen anything like it. Though I do have an unusual set from the UK in a bakelite case with a stropper from the 50s. Mine is a regular 1912 ornate handle, but is unusual because it's a GEM brand, when I last talked to Dave years and years ago he told me they were always ever-ready brand when made in UK, never Gem brand, so quite the mystery.

E: I notice the 'button' or lego style knob on the bottom of the handle too, as opposed to the flat/roundish bottom of the regular 1912 handles. Mine has the same abnormal shape too, helps hold it in the case on a little ledge.