Face cleaner?

The Hunter Lab face cleaner is great, it is not exceptionally cheap but good things rarely are.

At night, I use "Urth" face cleaner. It's hideously expensive at $60. But it's easily the best non oil based face cleaner I've ever used.
And you use so little, it ends up being very economical. I've used the same bottle for at least 18 months now and I'll likely renew.
I bought mine from Mensbiz (https://www.mensbiz.com.au/urth-face-wash-with-white-tea-ginseng.html)

I am going to try that thanks for posting it. To be honest I don't see it as all that expensive at $60 for 237ml - that's good value given the composition of the face wash itself. Personally I tend to go for a cleaning product with as fewer synthetics as possible as I use so many from day to day, when I am cleaning the aim is to remove residuals not introduce more :)

Last edited:
I use Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap .
Ingredients are Olive oil, water and salt.
The Stray Whisker now has a similar product.

I use Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap .
Ingredients are Olive oil, water and salt.
The Stray Whisker now has a similar product.

Olive Oil is Comedogenic (grade 2) and is to be avoided if you suffer from blocked pores, acne or papules.

Did not know that.
I have sensitive 66 year old skin so I may try the Urth.
The Olive oil soap is also my hair wash as it leaves my hair feeling soft, much to the approval of the child bride

Will also look into this. It’s s face wash you use nightly?

Morning and night, yeah. Usually under the shower in the morning, I will soap up and rinse out 'the man towel' - a polypropolene woven towel that has great exfoliation properties. This is tro clean it off of any old oils or dirt, plus possibly any other nasties like mould spores it may have picked up. I don't use any soap or cleanser, just get under the shower water and scrub away.

After that is done and rinsed, take a pump of the Cetaphil and work it in with my hands. About 30 seconds working it in I guess, and rinse off.

My 11 yr daughter was having some issues with skin lesions,antibiotics required and the doctor also recommended Gamophen soap to use daily.My 10 yr old has had issues with pimples on her forehead at the hairline and she started using the soap which has dramatically reduced the outbreaks. Only a couple of bucks at Woolies,could be worth a try.

NOW where did I PUT my glasses .....

Gee whiz, early onset in progress ;)

What a sad sad thread, Grumpy old men giving advice to what sounds like a squeeze of puss heads. You can all relax as the solution is at hand (and I don't mean that way for those whom pimples indicate an onset of puberty).

Anyway, the answer (as it is to many of life's problems) is ARKO!!!! How can this possibly be I hear you asking. Easy, the delicate lemon scent of ARKO!!!! gets into the pores. Facial eruptions absorb this scent and the subsequent ooze has the consistency and smell pf lemon icing. Scrape your face, store in the fridge and you can provide the icing for your little brothers (sisters or transgender siblings ) birthday cake. (Your Mom will think your a hero) and the reason all the guests vomited will be known only to a select few. Try it - you know you want to :)

For about 12 months I've been using "Baxter of California - Oil free moisturiser". Again, very expensive at $48.
I don't regret buying it - the cost evens out over time. The performance was very good but missed *something*. So, I intend on trying something else next time.

I suspect I have 6-8 weeks of usage left in the tube. I'll probably try the "Anthony - Oil free facial lotion" next.

Note: I am focusing on night time moisturisers here. So I typically avoid anything with SPF.
SPF if great if you see a lot of sun but only clogs when used at night.
Hi @lerenau did you get the Anthony lotion mentioned above?
Wondering if you can supply thoughts on both these products, or anything else you’ve used instead.
Thanks

More for ingrown hair but also for some more serious pimples:

Take aspirin tablet(s) and crush them up with a small spoon as fine as you can. I then use the 100% aloe vera you get these days in every super market, but you can also use water.

Make a paste with the crushed aspirin and your carier (water or aloe) and put onto problem area for around an hour.

Wash off - works wonders (y)

Take aspirin tablet(s) and crush them up with a small spoon as fine as you can. I then use the 100% aloe vera you get these days in every super market, but you can also use water.

Make a paste with the crushed aspirin and your carier (water or aloe) and put onto problem area for around an hour.

Thanks for this @alfredus took some notes so I don’t forget

That’s a great one....Thanks for sharing....