Review Facepeeler - The Return!

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner
I've been meaning to review this for a while now, as in over a year!
Yeah, yeah, I know and blame you lot, what with your enabling a backlog of items to try :p

After initially reading the review by @filobiblic I was hesitant, more so after revisiting it, yet a commitment is a commitment damned it and I intend to honour it!
For this ahem opportunity, I must recognise the generosity of @Mark1966 I am appreciative mate, thank you.

2sbaavn.jpg

Interestingly, my packaging is different to what @filobiblic has his turn up in.
Perhaps it was trying to masquerade as something else and trick me into optimism...
I will utilise the S10 rating system, as found in the relevant thread.

Packaging (y)
Simple packaging, which does the job and shows you what you're getting with minimal fuss.
Flat packing is the only improvement I can think of at this price point, to reduce postage costs and possibly get away with sending as an envelope.

Presentation (y)
It looks ok, nothing special, yet nowhere as bad as this for example.
It could be left out in your den without shame for the casual observer.

Manufacturing (n)
Here we go, it starts to go downhill and fast.
Yet first, a positive.
The handle is slim, long and has a decent weight to it.
It is something that, plating and screw threads dependant, could actually be usable for a reasonable period of time.
It gets a (y)(y) in the interim, pending how well it stands up to the challenge of plating loss and usage potentially destroying the screw threads over time.
As for the plate and head though. (n)(n)(n)
I can confirm the issues raised in the original head.
Blade alignment is a pita.
It is sloppy and because the head is narrower than the average head, the wings of the blades stick out a few mm more upon each side to boot, meaning it's harder to hold the cap, blade and head sandwich between finger and thumb as you screw upon the handle until torqued enough to hold the blade in place.
The under sized head also affects the quality of shave, yet will visit that in the next section.

Performance (n)(n)(n)(n)(n) (yeah 5/3 it's that bad)
What's that ?
You expect it to perform as well ?
Not a chance, rough, inefficient and a gap big enough between plate and blade, that you could drift a b-double between the two goods trains you could park in between it!
Nothing at all here to like beyond manoeuvrability due to the small light base and plate, yet even that has a caveat, due to the wings sticking out further than the average razor, so ensuring it's easier to clip an ear or nip the nose.
As for that gap, even with a bit of experience under the belt now and full awareness of it's insanity, a lighter touch than usual didn't assist in preventing a shave that is SAS at best.

Conclusion (n)
Buy it out of curiosity in addition to an order you're going to make irrelevant of this, throw the head after trying it to see how close your experience matches mine and keep the handle as a cheap travel option.

Now for the big one, who's game enough to step up and trial this in their den ?

Now for the big one, who's game enough to step up and trial this in their den ?
I'm sure they'll rush in considering how wonderfully you described it. [emoji38]

Nice review.

I'd forgotten about these!

Thanks for the great review @borked

I think the blade belongs with a certain someone for his worse blade reviews and can give it a run of the razor to boot before piffing it to some unsuspecting soul :)
As for the razor, it's an opportunity to prove me wrong :p