Favourite razors of 2016

ben74

Grand Society
My favourite razors from 2016...

C00Zzs_XUAAAXUC.jpg:large

(From left to right)
Colonial Razors "The General"
(Artist club style SE blade, mild yet effective, lightweight and modest investment)
OneBlade
(Proprietary type SE blade, works on the opposing principle of all other traditional razors - pressure, mild yet effective, insanely expensive)
Blackland Razors "Blackbird" (Polished version)
(Improved greatly for novice users once Shane rounded the base plate corners, mid aggressive, irritation free, best performing DE on my face)
Wolfman (OC in stainless steel with Darwin handle)
(Difficult to acquire, but without doubt THE finest crafted DE I've ever held!)

C00bU03WIAA_xHb.jpg

Favourite Razors?

All of them!

Seriously, if they are still in my possession, then I think they are great. It is a high bar for equipment to stick around and if sub par, it's sold. I have around 15 straights, one DE and one SE and I wouldn't want to give up any of them.... well, maybe the DE but I have only tried two.

My favourite razors from 2016...

C00Zzs_XUAAAXUC.jpg:large

(From left to right)
Colonial Razors "The General"
(Artist club style SE blade, mild yet effective, lightweight and modest investment)
OneBlade
(Proprietary type SE blade, works on the opposing principle of all other traditional razors - pressure, mild yet effective, insanely expensive)
Blackland Razors "Blackbird" (Polished version)
(Improved greatly for novice users once Shane rounded the base plate corners, mid aggressive, irritation free, best performing DE on my face)
Wolfman (OC in stainless steel with Darwin handle)
(Difficult to acquire, but without doubt THE finest crafted DE I've ever held!)

C00bU03WIAA_xHb.jpg

Which one gets the most use @ben74

Hmmmm I was curious about the Blackland. I should have jumped on the pre order when they were on special.

Nice razors @ben74 personally not too keen on the Wolfman Darwin handle but it looks awesome in your picture!

My overall favourite razor is still the King Cobra paired with a UFO handle. If it was 2015, I would have solely pictured it as my favourite.

The razor from my 2016 favourites that has seen the most use is the Blackbird (and I can't recommend it highly enough). I'm eagerly awaiting an OC version from Shane (of Blackland razors).

Sweet ...

One day my Darwin and your 'Darwin' might have to get together and play - would be interesting to compare!

My favourite razor in 2016 is my S1 Collossus - got it after all the top cap issues were sorted out and for me it as fantastic "fully automatic" shaver - especially when traveling.

Overall nothing beats James's work though and currently the BBS-1 is my absolute favourite...

My favourite razor in 2016 is my S1 Collossus - got it after all the top cap issues were sorted out and for me it as fantastic "fully automatic" shaver - especially when traveling.

Overall nothing beats James's work though and currently the BBS-1 is my absolute favourite...

I'm still on the waitlist for a BBS-1...