Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Rabid Badger

2018 Charity Auction Winner
Okay, I have not been fooled, but feel foolish.

I had a shave with my new ERA and enjoyed the shave. However, when I took the razor apart to rinse it the nylon washer decided to go for a swim down the drain. This was my first razor with a nylon protector. I have never been too precious about keeping the underside of a plate in pristine condition. It is a tool after all and that part of the razor serves no purpose to its inherent function.

Anyway, two days later I had a shave with my new Dart. On assembling the razor, I said to myself, 'try not to lose the washer this time'. As the title suggests, I did of ourse proceed to lose this washer too. Now, I could dismantle the U-bend under the sink but the effort/reward matrix just does not stack up.

Please share your clumsiness here...

I had a shave with my new ERA and enjoyed the shave. However, when I took the razor apart to rinse it the nylon washer decided to go for a swim down the drain. This was my first razor with a nylon protector. I have never been too precious about keeping the underside of a plate in pristine condition. It is a tool after all and that part of the razor serves no purpose to its inherent function.

Anyway, two days later I had a shave with my new Dart. On assembling the razor, I said to myself, 'try not to lose the washer this time'. As the title suggests, I did of ourse proceed to lose this washer too. Now, I could dismantle the U-bend under the sink but the effort/reward matrix just does not stack up.

I've been known to lose a few washers down the drain and made sure to buy extra's from ebay as spares.

Someone added a washer to my Claymore while it was on its grand tour. It seems to be well and truly stuck in the recess in the baseplate but so far, I'm OK with that. Sooner or later I'll have to check underneath it for corrosion, though... :unsure:

You’ll need an M5 size nylon washer

adIZkbl.gif

Shit happens.

Someone added a washer to my Claymore while it was on its grand tour. It seems to be well and truly stuck in the recess in the baseplate but so far, I'm OK with that. Sooner or later I'll have to check underneath it for corrosion, though... :unsure:
Ohh, that may have been me sorry. I didn't want to scratch the shit out of it with a Titanium handle...

Toothpick or Cotton Tip will either pick it out or push it out from the other side

Ohh, that may have been me sorry. I didn't want to scratch the shit out of it with a Titanium handle...

Toothpick or Cotton Tip will either pick it out or push it out from the other side
Not a drama, I have shedfuls of tools that will get it out one way or another, I just haven't bothered trying. That recess is nice with the Windrose handle I sent it away with, but the washer works well with the RR barberpole I'm using now. Incidentally, you'd be pretty unlikely to scratch SS with Ti, the latter is much softer.