Free money

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean we were not in one already?
As far as I can tell....... No.....not yet.

All the cyberattacks, accusations of spying and military deployments in the Sea of Japan etc?
There's been a lot of cyberattacks since Barack Obama took the Oval Office........... Not 100% sure about Trump since the impeachment began.

watching the markets I’m impressed with how quickly we have been recovering thus far, I mean the Vanguard Aus shares ETF (VAS) is recovering quite well, now obviously past performance figure results blah blah And I may eat my words any day but it looks like we are going okay, all things considered- I’ll be very interested to see how the housing markets will hold up.

You mean we were not in one already?

All the cyber attacks, accusations of spying and military deployments in the Sea of Japan etc?
In 2016, I used to work with a woman who was adamant that the US would start a war with China in 2018. The reason was the debt the US owes China and a war would prevent paying it back.

Notwithstanding we have been on a cold war/economic standing for a while. The current situation will play out in some strange ways.

It will be interesting to discover the new world once it all settles down. I imagine we will have a period of protectionist and nationalist politics.

As far as I can tell....... No.....not yet.

There's been a lot of cyberattacks since Barack Obama took the Oval Office........... Not 100% sure about Trump since the impeachment began.

I realised that I don’t really know what a Cold War actually means. But the us and China have been at loggerheads for a while already.

I realised that I don’t really know what a Cold War actually means. But the us and China have been at loggerheads for a while already.
The Cold War means a state of political hostility between countries characterized by threats, propaganda, and other measures short of open warfare.

The state of hostility that existed between the Soviet bloc countries and the Western powers from 1945 to 1990 when the Berlin Wall came down.

I am just wondering if more could have been done in the beginning to contain this.

Am a little annoyed that while China’s economy have been left relatively ok. We are going to be crippled for a while.

Yeah, there are more questions than answers regarding this whole issue!!

Look at India as an example, the bulk of global hydroxychloroquine supply comes from India but there's not one mention of it in the media, despite it being sent to other countries looks US who is taking 12 million doses from India.

Australia put most of our eggs (trade) in one basket by dealing mainly with China to the detriment of other markets where, perhaps, our product/s would not sell for top dollar. When the current situation ends, the West would do well to diversify trading partners.
There will be serious problems with China within the decade, as she continues to flex and increase her political and military muscle.

In 2016, I used to work with a woman who was adamant that the US would start a war with China in 2018. The reason was the debt the US owes China and a war would prevent paying it back.

Notwithstanding we have been on a cold war/economic standing for a while. The current situation will play out in some strange ways.

It will be interesting to discover the new world once it all settles down. I imagine we will have a period of protectionist and nationalist politics.
I feel that not many people are aware of the Lima Declaration.
It is my personal feeling that multiple issues we as a society and as a country can be attributed to or at least partially to it.

As for the reason of this post, not working, not entitled to diddly squat, as usual!

There is potential for positives out of this, yet that is largely tied into our personal behaviour, which sadly, I personally feel more and more are self-absorbed at a minimum.

Stay safe all and try to enjoy the positives, such as more time for those with partner and children that otherwise would be spent at work.

1. Reported on ABC News:
QUOTE (in part)
University of South Australia Business School Professor Andrew Beer said ..... “Mayors, state governments and business leaders should be looking at ways to develop new markets and new industries, closely related to their existing strengths, as part of a more diversified, but still globally competitive, industry base.”
END QUOTE
As I previously stated, Australia is overly dependent on China, much to our detriment.

2. An interesting interview where both WHO and China are savaged over COVID-19.
A Communist state specifically referring to an “act of God; ... pandemic” when religion is discouraged, then, within a week or so of the agreement, release information about COVID-19! Fortuitous or underhanded?

Last edited:
1. Reported on ABC News:
QUOTE (in part)
University of South Australia Business School Professor Andrew Beer said ..... “Mayors, state governments and business leaders should be looking at ways to develop new markets and new industries, closely related to their existing strengths, as part of a more diversified, but still globally competitive, industry base.”
END QUOTE
As I previously stated, Australia is overly dependent on China, much to our detriment.

2. An interesting interview where both WHO and China are savaged over COVID-19.
A Communist state specifically referring to an “act of God; ... pandemic” when religion is discouraged, then, within a week or so of the agreement, release information about COVID-19! Fortuitous or underhanded?
I’m still very MAD :rage: at China for giving us the virus and still very MAD :rage: at the Australian Government for sending our jobs overseas and giving away our land and farming to foreign countries.

The Australian Government should’ve listen to Dick Smith.... over free trading agreement, foreign countries cannot buy our land and our farming, if, they want something from us... they MUST pay us money and cannot have our land and farming.

I’m still very MAD :rage: at China for giving us the virus and still very MAD :rage: at the Australian Government for sending our jobs overseas and giving away our land and farming to foreign countries.

The Australian Government should’ve listen to Dick Smith.... over free trading agreement, foreign countries cannot buy our land and our farming, if, they want something from us... they MUST pay us money and cannot have our land and farming.
*shrug* seems like in fact they can.

*shrug* seems like in fact, they can.
When the land and farming agriculture is sold to foreign countries like China, you cannot reclaim the land back to Australia.

Too many Australian agriculture has already sold to foreign countries, we don't have enough agriculture to keep up around 25 or 30 million people living in Australia during climate and drought issue.

Yet we are told we produce three times more food than we consume.
329.gif

See my prior post mate.
I mentioned the Lima Declaration.
Look into it.
There is a reason numerous First World countries have gone to shit.
Pauline Hanson's One Nation also has an interesting article about Agenda 21 that ties into this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.