Fresh Face From Coogee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just gave away 2 bore's with soaps to older gents who are enthralled in my going back to the old time DE/Staright razors and relearning the art (so i can share with other). But im sure to end up with spares again, so you never know your luck and when its your turn just PIF (pay it forward)

Welcome aboard mate. If you want to try a nice boar brush I have a superb Omega 31025 'Scarlatti' you can have for a song. Just PM if interested.

Welcome @Noppy. You should enjoy it here. Hopefully their will be another Sydney meet up soon.

Welcome to the list Noppy - from another newbie

I have some cheeeeap synths on the way. No idea how good they are.
I got two el-cheapo synthetic brushes from china the other day, the $1.24 one had reasonable short brush, wooden handle was longer but still managed to work up a usable lather, the $6.25 one with plastic handle had more brush and worked even better than my $40 badger brush.

Synthetic brushes are the way to go

I recently got a Plisson from @alfredus and initially thought it was pathetic. But it has grown on me and it is actually an excellent brush. It has also taught me to lather correctly a much cheaper Omega syntex [?] to the point that if all other brushes in the world suddenly vanished I could use this one. All brushes have yet to vanish!! :ROFLMAO:

So i've been at this for a couple of months now finding my own way really and enjoying it. So far it has been a substantial improvement in closeness of shave and feel after. Need some help improving my technique though mainly around my chin and adams apple if anyone has any tips? Also looking to improve my lather as currently I just lather on face.

Have to buy some more blades now so going to buy a sampler pack as I haven't got set on any one blade yet. Any tips on a nice fresh menthol soap for summer?

The meth heads, sorry, menth heads will be along soon but a little Proraso never hurt a boy :)

Get along to a Sydney meet once I can organise one, and you can get a few ideas. I just have to get around to organising one.

But generally it's al about learning your face, the beard growth direction and making sure your angles are spot on. Ideal way is to shave with the mildest razor you can find as it will only cut at the proper angles when you have a small blade gap.

We might get one up and running this weekend yet - at short notice but there is a US-based STM member in town. I will hassle to make it happen.

Sunday would work best for me as have family stuff on Saturday.

Oh FUCK OFF!
Arrange a meet when I'll be in recovery why don't you ?
FFS FML at times...

If it goes ahead, I hope you all have a great time, even if I'm not there.
A pity, as I could of returned your Strewth to boot @Monsta_AU

Oh FUCK OFF!
Arrange a meet when I'll be in recovery why don't you ?
FFS FML at times...

If it goes ahead, I hope you all have a great time, even if I'm not there.
A pity, as I could of returned your Strewth to boot @Monsta_AU

princess-tantrum.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.