G word?

possumbelly

[No giant lemons here]
I've been wondering about this since I joined the forum recently. I know that Drubbing is averse to having participants use the dreaded G word. Problem is, I'm not totally sure I know precisely what that word is. At first I thought it was a 3 letter word ending in D. Now I think it is a 4 or 5 letter word rhyming with tent(s). It may be neither of these.

Could one of you gents clarify this for the love of god.

Liked for the (un?)intentional use of the word in the last sentence.

It's to do with all the fake bullshit bonhomie over at YKW. We want none of that here and prefer it if you call a spade a spade.

G_ntl_m_n

Do you want to buy a vowel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked for the (un?)intentional use of the word in the last sentence.

It's to do with all the fake bullshit bonhomie over at YKW. We want none of that here and prefer it if you call a spade a spade.
Shovel :)

*awaits my membership package now I've been certified an edumacated giant lemon fit for these waters* :)

*awaits my membership package now I've been certified an edumacated giant lemon fit for these waters* :)

That is a limited edition product you now have access to in the P&C shop. Membership packages are available at a variety of levels for only a SMALL cost :)

That is a limited edition product you now have access to in the P&C shop. Membership packages are available at a variety of levels for only a SMALL cost :)
A bean counter (see you should have taken my bribe @Mark1966) talking of a SMALL cost is like a nurse approaching your bare buttock with a really long needle and saying "This will only sting a little bit". Trust either at your peril. :)

He always has been a mod, I just worked out how to enable the banners for them :confused:

Also, a big congrats to @possumbelly - that has to be the quickest conferring of a custom title in P&C history!

He always has been a mod, I just worked out how to enable the banners for them :confused:

Also, a big congrats to @possumbelly - that has to be the quickest conferring of a custom title in P&C history!
Oh I get it, the more you rib Drubs the more likely you are to earn an honorary title. Hmmm…now :cautious: how might I :unsure: get under the skin of :confused: our Master Rule Maker? :eek: This needs more thought :whistle:

@possumbelly No sour grapes, mate, well done! "Giant Lemons"…ha, ha,….classic! Wait until he sees this thread but…. no need for the implied emoticons

Oh I get it, the more you rib Drubs the more likely you are to earn an honorary title.

Nope, just a fun game I play when someone says something hilarious or profound. There's no set reasoning, it has to be a part of 'normal operations' and a natural thing. It cannot be forced... and....and....... it's like sigging a quote, but I get to do it :LOL:

Rumour has it, a re-appropriated collection of favourible vintage blades aids in said process ;)

Spatulous gardening implement for abraiding the soil horizons of the earth if you want to be pedantic.
But a shovel is for moving bulk material and a spade is for slicing through the dirt.

I don't entirely agree with your use of the verb abrade, to me it implies remove material by a scraping action similar to sand papaer, a file or rasp. I would be much happier with,
Spatulous gardening implement for dividing the soil horizons of the earth if you want to be pedantic.

Abraid is a different term altogether, it means to awaken to arouse, to stir up or start up. Pretty much the normal conversation around this place.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)
:D:whistle:

@glenos
@eggbert
@Monsta_AU

Glad I checked in today, you three have made my day thus far.
Thank you gentleman, a hearty thank you indeed :)