Gaps..

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I tend to pick things up as I go in this hobby and don't often seek out a razor/blade/soap or what have you specifically as it means I can usually get that product again but it dawns on me that this leads to huge gaps in experience;

I have never used a super speed, of any variant.

Needless to say I'm disgusted in myself.

Do you guys have any glaring gaps in experience in this hobby?

Oh yes undoubtedly. The problem is that often you don't know what you don't know!

I too have never tried a super speed, I hope l will one day. But, actually I quite enjoy randomly bumbling along bumping into things.

Straight razors, the main problem for me is that I like the look of them so much and I am scared that if I start it may develop into another problem, the other issue is time - my daily shaves take around 7.2 minutes from prep to finish. I guess most of all, I think some of the craftsmanship is just phenomenal with straight razors, they can be very beautiful things.

Have spent hundreds in the last couple of months on various brands of DE/SE razors to gain an understanding. Expensive but I'm learning what I like and don't.
Was mild, then extreme aggressive, medium and now back to between medium and mild.
Cheap Chinese ones are actually quite good as they copy everything so their TTO are copies of super speeds.

So yes to answer your question. As I've concentrated on razors and blades I've ignored brushes and only purchase indemand soaps.