G'Day All

Havachat45

Hi All,
My name is Geoff and I'm from Brissy.
I've been using cut-throats now for a couple of years and the RAD and HAD have got me in their grip.
I only bought my first DE a couple of months ago and haven't used it much.
I got a Weishi to try it out and have also got a 1956 Gillette flare tip, only because it was the year I was born...:laugh:
My cut-throat collection is up around 75 ATM with about 30 that are shave ready.
I'm looking forward to hanging out with you guys

G'day Geoff. Good to see another straight user on the forums.

Welcome Geoff,

Haha well I can't agree with RM's comments....moving to DE's from carts I used to feel nice and tough but then I found out about you straighties and that took all the wind out of my sails good and fast, back to pussy status for me. I never cease to be impressed with you boys and that crazy ass shaving.

Wow thats a sensational collection of razors. Even though I don't use them when you've the time I'm sure folks would love to hear a bit about what you have etc. Very impressive. Haha plus I've instantly memorised these numbers and filed it for justification/self-preservation next time the missus questions why I need yet more shaving gear. :D

Good bunch here, you'll enjoy it.

Cheers, Nick

Hi Geoff, welcome aboard.

Good to see some more straighties on the forum.

I look forward to seeing some of your impressive sounding stash of razors.

Welcome Geoff, sounds like you have a pretty sweet collection going. I'd love to see some pics too!

In Response to Kind Requests

Hi Guys (non-gender specifically speaking),
As requested I have tried to attach a couple of photos of the display case in my Shave Den (bathroom).
Display Case 1.jpg

Display Case 2.jpg

Display Case 3.jpg

The case started life as a spoon cabinet that I picked up at the markets for $5.
A bit of modification, sanding and Canuba Wax and there it is.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. I'm always happy I'm not a straight shaver, as there are just too many beautiful looking ones out there that are relatively easy to get hold of. And I'm sure I could easily get hooked on the sharpening aspect too.

Hi and welcome mate!

Looking forward to pics too - maybe post a link to a hosting site?

A belated welcome.

Cut-throats aren't my thing, but this place is quite accepting of all tastes (hell, that let me stay even after I admitted a liking of Harris Tweed!).

Looking forward to photos also- always interesting to see people's collections.

Geoff - What is the razor on the left hand side, 4th from the bottom. Greeny scales and a worked spine. Looks like a pearler!

great cabinet - much better than spoons!

Geoff - What is the razor on the left hand side, 4th from the bottom. Greeny scales and a worked spine. Looks like a pearler!

That's a 'Famex' Crown 7 solingen blade. I haven't been able to get much info on it though.

It was my first unpinning attempt and turned out OK.

It's a lovely shaver too.

Here are some more photo's

Famex 10.jpg

Famex 13.jpg

Famex 17.jpg

It's actually full now and I'm looking at making another one to match

I know that feeling!

I had a similar sized cabinet of DEs once, now I'm outgrowing my display cupboard ....