G'day from Geelong

Hi mate, welcome aboard!

Some nice kit you have - software?

Welcome to the club, mate. Nice to have you onboard.

Good stuff @Igbran! Nice to have you join the forums DownUnder.

Keep getting some experience shaving and those nicks will disappear over time.

As @Mark1966 asked: what software (ie soaps/creams) do you use?

Welcome aboard @Igbran , some helpful advice and great folks on here. Enjoy the ride.

Hello and welcome Igbran. Sorry, it'll have to be IB from now on. I haven't seriously bought any shaving gear for ages so forgive my ignorance but what make is WD? If unlike me you're sensible and spread your buying out over a longer period you can still look forward to buying stuff occasionally. Good to have a dedicated Omega man on board. There are far too many Semoguers poking their soft, floppy badger wannabe heads up on this forum.

WD = Whipped Dog

Welcome Igbran, you've got some nice gear already. The TOBS Jermyn St is always a winner.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.
Also have some red a Cella soap which is great .
Bay rum which I love.
Just scored a mint 65 gillette slim adjustable on eBay.
Tried to get one on another forum to no avail and just had to get this one.
Whipped dog brush hasn't arrived yet. Very easy to deal with and you can pick the handle , loft and depth set for the brush. About $45 Aus dollars for a custom made silvertip badger with rave reviews can't go wrong.
Love my small omega synthetic and the Omega pro 48 boar is just great 6 weeks old and getting softer by the day.
The super slim 1965 will be my last razor purchase for a while

Take note boys!

[Challenge accepted by all the enablers here I suspect]

Some nice gear - the Slim has lots of fans around here and Cella and any Bay Rum are worthy products

I lasted close to a year between purchases while still posting regularly Igbran. Let's see if you can beat that while Mark1966 puts up things for sale on a regular basis to tempt you.

Last edited:
Hmmmm sounds very tempting. It's got to the stage where the missus just rolls her eyes now ( which is a good thing)

Hmmmm sounds very tempting. It's got to the stage where the missus just rolls her eyes now ( which is a good thing)
Ahhh. The early days. There's still the ignoring, "don't want to hear it", and - maybe if you're lucky - the join in the craze stage.

LOL! - so far beyond those days (see here) ....

Ah ha. Well you've joined us in the nick of time. @borked is organising a Weber bulk buy. As an unbiased documenter I must confess these razors are a revelation. Just do a little digging around the tough crowd on here. The only ones left without one are in the process of getting one and otherwise there remains, surprise, surprise Capt. Obvious a.k.a @Drubbing