Gday from the Gong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalyn

Wollongong wet shaver here, new to the craft but learning everyday.

Thanks for the approval to post. Pretty keen to get amongst it. Looking forward to meet ups and feeding my artisan soap addiction (especially love the Aussie stuff, Shaver Heaven and Occam's, I'm looking at you)

Would love to know if there are any other Illawarra members on the forum?

Cheers

Welcome Dalyn, I'm new to this forum too. I'm back into DE shaving after going back to electric razors for a few years. Glad to be back into DE shaving really enjoying it. Keen to try all these new artisan soaps.

Hey, welcome mate!

I'm loving my Merkur 34c. I have a Weishi (marketed as Comoy?) TTO which I never use anymore. Just doesn't feel as good as the Merkur.

I am interested in picking up a straight eventually, but I've only been at this a couple of months so it's baby steps for now.

Welcome to Paste & Cut, Dalyn.

The Merkur 34C is a superb razor. My first and still one of my favourites.

Welcome @Dalyn - what soaps and brushes do you like?

Welcome @Dalyn - what soaps and brushes do you like?
I'm having a good time breaking in my semogue 1305, occasionally I like to work in my traveller which is the black Satin Tip "The Purest". As for soaps, I'm loving my Shaver Heaven Barbershop and 1st Anniversary. I'm also fond of my Occam's crushed lime cream. I'm still perfecting the MWF water/temperature/brush combo.

I have a "shave nation" badger brush which builds a lather like nobodies business but feels scratchy as hell on the face and refuses to load into the brush (if that makes any sense).

Welcome aboard, get comfy, get acquainted, then get yourself a straight mate. ...you know it's inevitable.

Used to live in Bulli many moons ago. Nice part of the world the 'Gong - well north of Kembla anyway.

Welcome aboard, get comfy, get acquainted, then get yourself a straight mate. ...you know it's inevitable.

Used to live in Bulli many moons ago. Nice part of the world the 'Gong - well north of Kembla anyway.
I know it's inevitable, I'm just saving myself for the right blade

And just what are you implying? I live SOUTH of Port Kembla... :p

If I had one thing on my Wishlist it would be an Australian artisan aftershave/splash. Preferably with alcohol. I've done a bit of a read around here and can't find anything. Anyone got any tips?

If I had one thing on my Wishlist it would be an Australian artisan aftershave/splash. Preferably with alcohol. I've done a bit of a read around here and can't find anything. Anyone got any tips?
Yep, @Anthony (ShaverHeaven) sells a superb aftershave splash to match his phenomenal soap scents. Unfortunately they don't appear on his store ATM, so maybe shoot him a PM.

Great to have another NSW shaver @Dalyn - welcome! It may be a little far but every so often some of the Sydney blokes get together and talk shaving over a beer. You're most welcome to join in. I think one is in the pipeline...

Status
Not open for further replies.