G'Day help needed in the UK

unobtainium81

2016 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
its been a while since I posted after Tapatalk access ended.

I hope you're all keeping well.

I'm trying to read a news story on the courier mail website but it wants to charge me for the privilege. I wondered if anyone has a membership and could somehow extract the story for me?

Here's hoping

Steve

its been a while since I posted after Tapatalk access ended.

I hope you're all keeping well.

I'm trying to read a news story on the courier mail website but it wants to charge me for the privilege. I wondered if anyone has a membership and could somehow extract the story for me?

Here's hoping

Steve

Steve

I'm told that if you Google the headline and follow the link from the search results you will bypass the New Limited paywall. Otherwise PM me the details and I will see if my subscription to The Aus will get me a certain number a month in other publications

Steve

I'm told that if you Google the headline and follow the link from the search results you will bypass the New Limited paywall. Otherwise PM me the details and I will see if my subscription to The Aus will get me a certain number a month in other publications

Bingo! Cheers Mark. I googled the headline and found it elsewhere.

It's a story about a guy that died and had no heir. We've been contacted to say he's a distant relative.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...e/news-story/896b9a57a5d522b4d1d7d3040ed6f66d

:cry: But now I've read it and went back to show someone I'm getting the page where it wants me to pay

Search the headline again and I think it will work. If not try 'private browsing' mode to search, if that doesn't work clear your cache and try again!

It's a story about a guy that died and had no heir. We've been contacted to say he's a distant relative.

BTW - this is a pretty common online scam. The genuine story is used as the basis to make it convincing. If you think it might be genuine PM me and I can do some follow up locally to see if it seems legit.

BTW - this is a pretty common online scam. The genuine story is used as the basis to make it convincing. If you think it might be genuine PM me and I can do some follow up locally to see if it seems legit.
Still can't get back on even in private browser. Maybe it works on IP?

It seems genuine but I'll drop you a PM

In the Google search under the main link text in blue there will be some smaller green text with a little down arrow next to it..... There may be a cached version that circumvents the pay wall....

l2AzRQS.jpg

I'll have a look on my desktop
In the Google search under the main link text in blue there will be some smaller green text with a little down arrow next to it..... There may be a cached version that circumvents the pay wall....

l2AzRQS.jpg
ll

@unobtainium81 as @Mark1966 mentioned this could be a scam and have seen this before. Generally distant relatives don't or are not included. In Australia it stops at uncles/aunties then cousins.

So basically if you have never heard or met them it ain't a family relative close enough to apply inheritance laws.

@unobtainium81 as @Mark1966 mentioned this could be a scam and have seen this before. Generally distant relatives don't or are not included. In Australia it stops at uncles/aunties then cousins.

So basically if you have never heard or met them it ain't a family relative close enough to apply inheritance laws.

Looks to be a cousin of some sort. I think we'll just see what they come up with.

It was declared intestate in 2015 years after his death. Meaning that no legal heirs were found :oops:
Good luck and keep your guard up (y)