Greetings from Canberra

Kaeckerut

Grand Society
Hi,

I've only recently switched to DE shaving early this month. I've considered switching to a DE for the past year as I found cartridge razors weren't giving me a great quality shave and I'm glad I did. I'm still in the early phase of sampling everything and finding out what works for me.

Last year I got into fragrances (colognes if you prefer) and enjoyed sampling the different scents. This has now extended over to shaving creams and soaps. So far I think it would be unfair to have a favourite product as I haven't been shaving long enough to judge performance (something you don't need to worry about with fragrance). My favourite note in fragrances would have to be neroli, but even then I find it can still be hit or miss.

Current gear:
Razor and brush: Muhle R89 traditional set (chrome) with a silvertip badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice lather bowl
Blade: Too many to mention. Bought a big sample pack and I'm only up to my 3rd blade.
Cream/Soap: Same as blades. Lots of sample packs, though I've already bought some full tubs of well reviewed soaps. I'm currently preferring soaps (it could be because of how different it is to can foam/gel)

Welcome to P&C @Kaeckerut - great to have you here (y)

Welcome mate!

Some nice sounding kit already (y) We can still help you expand that though :)

Welcome bud, good to have you :)
Canberra’s wet shave crew just added 24% more members, YAS!!

We should get a prize for the fastest growth rate!

@Kaeckerut welcome!
Nice start.(y) Certainly have more soaps and choice before I started a year ago into wet shaving.
Canberra boys are great. Don't forget to hit their Xmas party up.

Yes @Kaeckerut - we are having a face to face meet up soon - come along if you can! Most of us don't bite, although I'm a little worried about Ferret ...

Welcome @Kaeckerut!
Fantastic to have another Caberran on board!

Come along to the meetup. It's pretty chill.
Caffeine, chatting, soap and blades.

Welcome mate!

Some nice sounding kit already (y) We can still help you expand that though :)

We should get a prize for the fastest growth rate!

Yes @Kaeckerut - we are having a face to face meet up soon - come along if you can! Most of us don't bite, although I'm a little worried about Ferret ...
Geez you bite one guy one time...